Futures Trade Support Analyst
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
Join us as a Futures Trade Support Analyst in Manchester
- You'll be reconciling trades, positions and cash across all Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) exchanges, and investigating any breaks
- Enjoy a role with progression opportunities and the scope to develop your skills
- You'll also have the opportunity to get involved in upcoming projects to broaden your expertise
What you'll do
In this role you'll join a growing and developing team, where you'll be accepting in and giving out trades across all EMEA and US exchanges, either directly with an exchange or via third party brokers. You'll investigate and resolve all uncleared trades, identifying and resolving the issue to ensure these are accepted.
It's important that you work to meet deadlines, and identify and escalate breaks to mitigate any risks - financial or reputational.
Alongside this, your responsibilities will also involve:
- Allocating and processing trades, demonstrating the ability to work with other teams outside the bank, such as other Clearing colleagues, to resolve issues
- Carrying out lifecycle events on trades such as closeouts to keep client and exchange limits accurate
- Reviewing processes and associated technology
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with processing experience covering trade bookings and amends, combined with experience of using industry platforms.
You'll be an excellent communicator - able to stand your ground and resolve conflicting views.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Drive and motivation, and be able to work under pressure, balancing expectations and deadlines
- A strong risk and control focused mindset, as well as some experience working with agent banks to resolve payment issues
- The ability to identify, pre-empt and and resolve any issues that arise
- The ability to work through complex flow structures and negotiate direction with business stakeholders and clients
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 15% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.