~~Roles and Responsibilities
- You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and completion of audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
- Keeping Managers and Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing reports to senior client management and audit committees.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for the client.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and helping to identify sales opportunities within your client base.
Qualifications and Skills
The Assistant Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent) is essential.
- Significant audit experience (preferably in Financial Services) is essential, with practical experience gained in a ‘Big 4’ Accountancy firm desirable.
- Experience of working on insurance audits is desirable.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- You will possess well developed supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.