- Feb 18, 2021
- £40k - £60k
Looking for a couple of people to come in and specialise in all aspects of Employment Tribunal litigation for a legal services firm based in Manchester
Looking for a couple of people to come in and specialise in all aspects of Employment Tribunal litigation. Duties will include dealing with a wide variety of potential claims, from unfair dismissal to discrimination, but also complex TUPE disputes, whistleblowing claims and everything in between.
- The majority of work is mainly defence work (employment litigation) which would be contentious.
- Ideal candidate will have circa 4+ years PQE
Advising insurers, insured and private clients in relation to general employment law issues and existing or contemplated Employment disputes prior to the issue of proceedings; to include:-
- All aspects of ACAS early conciliation including settlement and agreements.
- Providing opinions on prospects.
Conducting proceedings in the Employment Tribunal on behalf of insured or private clients; to include:
- Reviewing papers
- Drafting claims or responses
- Complying with all case management instructions
- Briefing Counsel
- Attending hearings personally where appropriate.
- Preparing witness statements
- Ensuring that insurers are kept up-dated in relation to prospects.
Bringing or defending appeals in the Employment Appeals Tribunal (EAT) (and if necessary beyond) on behalf of insured or private clients where necessary; to include:-
- Reviewing all appeal papers
- Drafting or replying to an appeal where necessary
- Complying with all EAT directions for case preparation
- Routinely reviewing and updating insurers, insured and private clients in relation to prospects as the case develops
- Ensuring that appeal hearings are appropriately addressed, whether, where possible, through conducting advocacy in the Tribunal or by briefing Counsel to attend the hearing. This to specifically include travel to and attendance at EAT proceedings in person throughout the UK.
*please note ideal location for these roles is Manchester*
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.