As a Barclays Delivery Lead, you will have the opportunity to join an exciting new venture within the Group Design and Digital Office. You will deliver digital functionality on time and to expected cost and quality, utilising agile and waterfall methodologies as appropriate. The role will be the ideal challenge for an excellent communicator with a solid understanding of technical designs.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
• Managing and leading the delivery of change into the Connected Platform which includes mobile, online projects
• Management of planning and monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate, and mitigating risks
• Ensuring the delivery of innovative new digital products, services and business capability to appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget
• Communicating with internal senior stakeholders such as programme managers and Accountable Executives, as well as dealing with day to day project stakeholders
• Ensuring Quality Assurance and overall integrity of the project, including conduct activities such as SDLC compliance and gateway approval processes
• Managing key dependencies and interfaces between projects and programme workstreams and liaising with senior management on issues affecting delivery and mitigating risks
• Working with business change management resources to ensure that change is fully compliant to the relevant change and financial controls
• Taking prime responsibility for ensuring that matrix resources work effectively together to deliver Digital functionality (mobile, online and fullserve) on time and to expected cost What we're looking for:
• Ability to manage large teams, delivering strategically important and complex change initiatives
• Extensive knowledge of technical development lifecycles, testing methods, tools and processes that support the delivery of IT solutions
• Proven Project Management and Change Management skills and expertise
• Operating within a Business Change environment, delivering complex Change, Project Management or Business analysis, managing innovation initiatives - Digital and Mobile Skills that will help you in the role:
• Process Management
• Programme Management expertise
• Knowledge of complex Financial Services environments Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone's throw away from the office.