Cyber Threat Response - Senior Associate
A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You'll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets. Summary Description
PwC is driving major change across information and cyber security by building a centralized model to provide security services across the entire member firm network. Our mission is to identify, control, and reduce the attack surface across the member firm network while increasing our adversaries' cost of attack. NIS is building the first global cyber security function at PwC. Our mission protects 223,000 PwC members across 157 member firms worldwide, as well as our global clients. If you love security technology this is the place to be.
Within Cyber we work closely with SAEIT to deliver implemented technology into our central service environment, taking care in integrating solutions and driving operational excellence to deliver the maximum value to our customer, the PwC network of firms. From here the focus is on the utilisation of enterprise security products in order to gather proactively cyber threat intelligence, hunt potential malicious actors across our network, conduct forensics analysis, and provide rapid response to potential cyber security incidents.
- Identifying external threats through tool alerts and logs made available by the Cyber Systems and Cyber Defence teams;
- Consuming and exploiting intelligence produced by the Cyber Threat intelligence team;
- Reporting findings to network, regional, and local CISOs impacted by Cyber threats;
- Providing tactical and strategic recommendations for preventative controls to the Cyber Defence and Vulnerability Management teams based upon incident response findings and trends in realized threat activity; and
- Requesting custom development for analytics and SIEM enhancement from the Cyber Systems team.
- Monitors security estate for actionable alerts across the PwC network
- Responds to detected incidents from initial detection, through containment and remediation
- Analysts are trained in forensics of network and host artifacts, attack techniques, and tool usage to ensure response readiness
- Experience transitioning, maintaining, or using Security Technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Endpoint protection, Data Loss Prevention, Forensic tools;
- Understanding of security technology operational industry standards;
- Experience contributing to a central technology service organization;
- Navigating a matrix organization; and
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skillsets
- Inquisitive nature and intuition regarding what questions to ask, when, and their relative significance.
- Broad understanding of network protocols, operating systems, data storage, and how large enterprise employs these technologies. Ability to digest and apply knowledge of PwC's distributed global IT infrastructure. Knowledge of host and network forensic artefacts and analysis techniques. Understanding at a high level of attack techniques, toolkits, and infrastructure.
- High level understanding of PwC's business model, service offerings, and business operating environment as it pertains to the firm's threat landscape. Ability to frame threats and exposures in a business context recognized by non-technical staff and executives.
- Knowledge of how attack techniques are used in enterprise intrusions to gain entry, gain privilege, and ultimately accomplish a nefarious objective against a victim organization.
- Ability to leverage business communication skills to inform, persuade, and teach stakeholders across a global network of member firms' staff and leadership to enable effective Incident Response activities and processes in line with the cyber readiness program.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity