Cyber Threat Response - Senior Associate
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 May 19
Cyber Threat Response - Senior Associate
A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You'll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.
PwC is driving major change across information and cyber security by building a centralized model to provide security services across the entire member firm network.
Mandated at the network level, Network Information Security (NIS) operates outside Information Technology (IT) and is responsible for this major program initiative, from definition of the security strategy to the execution of the global Cyber Readiness Program, moving from local to globally-provided services.
Our mission is to identify, control, and reduce the attack surface across the member firm network while increasing our adversaries' cost of attack.
In order to deliver the Cyber Readiness Program, the NIS team is structured into the following Pillars:
- Information Security Risk and Compliance (ISRC)
- Chief Information Security Office (CISO)
- Security Architecture, Engineering, Innovation and Transformation (SAEIT)
- Cyber Security Services
- Strategy and Alliances
- Chief of Staff
If you are seeking an exciting career with the scope to grow your cyber security skills through major change on a global scale, then NIS will empower you to do so.
The Cyber pillar within NIS is responsible for the following services:
- Cyber Service Transition
- Cyber Service Management
- Cyber Defence
- Cyber Threat Management
- Security Operations
- Identity and Access Management
Scope of Responsibility
The CSIRT team is responsible for the following tasks:
- Identifying external threats through tool alerts and logs made available by the Cyber Systems and Cyber Defence teams;
- Consuming and exploiting intelligence produced by the Cyber Threat intelligence team;
- Reporting findings to network, regional, and local CISOs impacted by Cyber threats;
- Providing tactical and strategic recommendations for preventative controls to the Cyber Defence and Vulnerability Management teams based upon incident response findings and trends in realized threat activity; and
- Requesting custom development for analytics and SIEM enhancement from the Cyber Systems team.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity