Construction Health & Safety Advisor
As a Barclays Health & Safety Advisor you will represent Barclays on all construction projects and monitor the health & safety compliance, identify where improvements are required and track actions to completion. This is an entirely new role within Barclays and it is truly an exciting time to join the Health & Safety team. You will hold the position of competent advisor primarily in the UK, but occasionally overseas as required - some international air/ sea travel will be anticipated.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
• Delivering a programme of documented construction health & safety inspections, audits and checks and conducting construction related incident investigations
• Conducting fire protection systems audits and managing the handover of projects to operations ensuring that H&S controls are in place
• Visiting Barclays construction projects (both large and small) to inspect processes and procedures and ensuring good and proportionate health and safety practices
• Producing reports on the results of inspections and investigation
• Participating in meetings (pre-commencement, design, etc.) to advise on relevant H&S matters
• Providing specialist advice on construction H&S to projects and advising on any changes required
• Providing training and educational support as and when required
• Representing the CRES H&S service across the business and developing knowledge, experience and skills across relevant H&S subjects What we're looking for:
• Demonstrable relevant experience in a construction health & safety role
• Extensive health & safety legislation knowledge; most notably CDM 2015 Regulations
• Enrolled on a Level 6 H&S qualification in an H&S related subject e.g. NEBOSH Diploma
• NEBOSH General Certificate level qualification, TechIOSH membership of IOSH Skills that will help you in the role:
• Exposure to a variety of construction safety and health risk
• Report writing skills and experience presenting information in person and via video/ audio conferencing
• Level 6 health and safety related qualification in an H&S related subject e.g. BSc/ NEBOSH Dip
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate Level 3 qualification, GradIOSH membership of IOSH Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone's throw away from the office.