Collections - Temp
- Up to GBP13.48 per hour
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 08 Jan 18 2018-01-08
Job Title: Business Collections Location: Manchester
Job Title: Business Collections
6 month Temp (40 hours ) Mon- Fri
- To understand and identify customer needs in order to tailor solutions, while ensuring the right outcome for the customer and the bank at first point of contact for Business Banking accounts with an exposure of up to £100,000.00
- Ensure vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately.
- Understand and listen to customer concerns. Correctly identify customer complaints to resolve first time ensuring complaint escalation where appropriate.
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures including limits of authority.
- Correct use of internal systems to ensure that a customer's records are accurately maintained and are up to date.
- Making Barclays a great place to work by embracing a culture of change; identifying non value adding tasks, through Lean methodology and best practice
- Undertake a variety of contact roles, when required, based on customer preference, such as; voice, letter, digital contact (e.g. SMS, video chat, on-line chat etc), etc
- Proactively, identify fraudulent accounts understanding the complexities of bankruptcy IVA and Trust deed regulations and laws
- Lead by example by becoming a role model for all colleagues, demonstrating the Barclays Values and contributing to business performance via personal objectives aligned to the 5 C's.
- Take responsibility to understand the appropriate Policies & Standards applicable to my role through training, coaching and appropriate communication. Where responsible for risks and controls ensure that these are appropriate and fit for purpose. Act with integrity, to become the first line of defence to protect the customer and reputation of Barclays through individual and collaborative engagement across the Barclays group.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to understand additional requirements of customer needs (e.g. referring Vulnerable Customers through the Vulnerable process where necessary)
- Excellent communication; voice, written and listening skills through multi channels
- An understanding of regulatory guidelines
- Ability to deliver high standards of customer service in stressful and difficult situations
- Competent problem solving and decision making ability
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Business Banking previous background
- Passionate about providing outstanding customer service
- Highly Motivated
- Team Player - Strives to work collaboratively across all boundaries