Client Management Director
Company & Team - "About Us"
IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world's leading financial institutions.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Financial Services Solutions provide integrated data-driven solutions for the public and private markets helping clients to succeed in the fast-paced, multi-asset investment landscape. Financial Services Solutions is leading the way in solving for complex investment strategies across the traded and illiquid markets and in accessing data to make faster, smarter decisions. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
The Solutions Client Management team has an opening for an individual on the EMEA Team, based out of Manchester. The responsibilities will require the individual to manage multiple EDM & thinkFolio client accounts on a variety of different levels of involvement as it relates to data management and front office.
This self-starting individual would also be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships from C-level to product user level across the client base, ensuring client satisfaction and retention, identifying opportunities to expand the use of IHS Markit Solutions product and services within existing clients, managing risks as appropriate, and assisting the sales organization in growing overall client revenues. In this role, candidates would also be expected to identify opportunities to cross-sell other solutions products over time. Travel may be required as necessary.
Duties & accountabilities:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Facilitate regular client engagement through strategy alignments, quarterly calls, and meetings. Working with Support, Implementation, Product and Sales teams ensure client needs are communicated and addressed
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external, consultative & collaborative relationships; identify risks or opportunities to enhance and deepen IHS Markit's commitment to clients
- Monitor client activity around implementations, upgrades and support related engagements to ensure client satisfaction. If needed, formulate, and manage action plans to address, including working with other teams/ members as required
- Keep abreast of client and industry activity such that any opportunities to increase the use of IHS Markit Solutions product and services are identified and actioned
- Manage and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities through the sales cycle to close new business and increase revenue or engage professional services to expand client implementations as appropriate
- Manage contract renewals and maintain a high client renewal rate
- Handle incoming enquiries from clients and 3rd party client partners on a day-to-day basis
- Maintain internal knowledge of clients via Salesforce and internal client management tools
- Work with Sales and Marketing on relevant client events, including regional conferences and client dinners, webinars, roundtables, and user forum
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent
- Financial industry experience in financial services 10+ years desired, ideally working with buy-side institutions
- Experience within software vendor or service provider
- Proven track record of solving client problems and/or generating new revenue
- Understanding of data management or front office space a significant advantage
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Engaging and credible presence, particularly at senior/C-level
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.