Business Management Associate
The Solutions division is responsible for driving cross-product integration, extending our front-to-back capability in the alternatives and loans markets, delivering world-class implementation and customer service in our software businesses. Your Role
The successful candidate will work directly with the wider business management team to ensure that the department has the optimal decision-making tools, business intelligence and collateral to effectively meet the goals established, and to drive a diverse range of operational excellence projects to successful delivery.
The successful candidate needs to be an excellent written and verbal communicator, strategic thinker, and have the ability to create successful working relationships with a number of stakeholders across all functions. The Business Management Associate needs to facilitate knowledge sharing as well as demonstrate an ability to multi-task and work against tight deadlines, pivoting focus when required. Duties & accountabilities:
What we offer
- Directing business queries and issues; pro-active and quick management of internal business issues and activities with a strong emphasis on prioritizing urgent matters on a daily basis. Able to understand internal processes in the wider context of the daily operations of the business
- Work with Business Management to identify opportunities for enhancement of existing information management reporting and processes, including maintenance of Power BI reports
- Maintain central business processes and share knowledge of best practice
- Validate data from multiple internal sources to ensure accurate reporting
- Cash incentive plan
- Broad range of benefits
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly and/or part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out and are now looking to return to work? We are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply and will actively support your return to the workplace. About You
- University graduate
- Full grasp of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Power BI/Tableau knowledge would be beneficial)
- Time management and organisational skills
- Record of building strong and effective relationships at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies.
- Track record of identifying and analysing problems, identifying and evaluating options, and deploying sound judgement.
- Able to organise self, including effective prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Excellent communication skills; a confident and articulate presenter, exercising a diplomatic approach when required.
- First class writing skills with the ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to engage positively with, and contribute to, the global team.
- Comfortable taking ownership for work, identifying the need for action whilst working effectively within a team.
- Able to work collaboratively with others cross-company to achieve group goals.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.