Azure Cloud Engineer (Development Background)
Our Financial Services client are currently kicking off a large scale Cloud Enablement programme. As art of this they are looking for 2 Azure Engineers who come from a Development background, This is a long term piece of work and we're expecting the initial 6 months to be extended to 4 years overall.
• Accountable for delivering efficient code to standards, guidelines and quality gates for given technology stacks.
• Drives the delivery of complex technical solutions within own area of technical expertise.
• Designs software solutions to be loosely coupled and backwardly compatible with up and downstream systems to reduce dependency complexities.
• Ensures relevant design is agreed and documented just-enough in advance of development starting.
• Provides technical advice and guidance to other software developers, proactively and reactively.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring all code is thoroughly tested with automated tests to ensure any issues are identified as early as possible, working closely with the test specialists within the product team.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring technical solutions are designed to release into cloud environments with minimum human effort and minimum-to-no downtime for customers.
• Contributes to software development practice by sharing ideas and experience and driving change.
• Azure Certified Developer (or Speciality Certification)
• Languages, Frameworks & Data Structures: TypeScript, Angular, C#, Python, SQL, YAML, JSON
• Excellent working experience of developing APIs aligned to the CQRS pattern and event driven architectures
• Understands and has practical working experience of all aspects of either Azure DevOps or Jenkins (CI/CD practices and processes)
• Azure DevOps or JIRA boards experience
• Understands and has practical working experience of automated infrastructure provisioning in Azure or AWS with either Terraform, Ansible, ARM or CloudFormation
• Excellent knowledge of Git
• Excellent knowledge of unit testing, mocking and dependency injection.
• Understands and has a good knowledge of package management
• Understands and has a good knowledge of containers and serverless
Job Title: Azure Engineer
Location: Manchester, UK
Rate/Salary: 450.00 - 600.00 GBP Daily
Job Type: Contract
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.