- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Shawbrook Bank
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
We're currently hiring for an Auditor to undertake routine audits and new business surveys on a variety of new and proposed Sovereign and Asset Based Lending facilities. This is a field based role based either Manchester / Midlands with a degree of flexibility, supporting small, medium and larger corporate organisations based throughout the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake, direct, and/or lead survey and audit teams to complete high quality audits and surveys for invoice finance and ABL products.
- Key Issues are to be communicated to the client manager and relevant management personnel in a timely manner and suitably recorded on internal systems.
- Support the Audit team function and as required, oversee the Audit diary to ensure that appropriate time is allocated to jobs so that service level agreements can be met, that any downtime is used effectively and that the Audit Team are highly productive. Ensure that survey activity is prioritised as an activity for Working Capital Solutions Client Auditors.
- The jobholder will also be responsible for ensuring all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities are carried out to the standards required by Regulatory Bodies as applicable
Knowledge and Experience
- A proven track record of at least 2-years experience in an Invoice Discounting and ABL lending environment.
- A comprehensive understanding of receivables finance and asset based products
- ABFA Certification preferred
- A recognised Accounting Qualification such as ACA / ACCA would be an advantage but is not essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- IT skills to include good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Understanding of Sage and other accounts software systems
- Full clean, or near clean driving licence
- A solid understanding of receivables and asset based lending is essential to this role
- A self-starter / flexible person who likes a challenge, is enthusiastic and resilient, showing good judgement and an ability to perform well under pressure
- You demonstrate independence and that you are self-motivated with an ability to be well organised, efficient and self-disciplined; you cope well with the demands of the job and manage your time effectively.
- An ability to write well-structured reports clearly identifying and prioritising the main issues to Shawbrook Business Credit whilst maintaining commercial acumen
- An ability to assess, understand and interpret various business processes that may not have been encountered before, to proactively identify issues or problems; take accountability and initiate appropriate actions.
- An ability and willingness to learn, with the confidence to ask questions of peers and managers throughout the business
- You maintain consistent and professional standards; and show enthusiasm and loyalty to Shawbrook Bank, its Vision and Values internally and externally.
- A strong focus on Risk with a client balanced view
- A solid understanding of the collateral traits of receivables, cash-flow, inventory, P&M, and real estate
- A high level of numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent time management skills and able to keep abreast of various on-going issues
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work without compromising on quality to ensure adherence to strict timelines and risk review cycles
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and report writing skills