Agile Project Manager - Private Markets
Agile Project Manager Position summary
IHS Markit is looking for an Agile Project Manager. Someone who has experience to engage in multiple levels of the project from strategic decision making to 'getting into the weeds' to resolve a problem. This role is a great opportunity to make an impact on delivery practices in a fast-paced financial service software organization at the start of a radical modernization journey driven by innovation and an agile mindset. thinkFolio has multiple backlogs of product driven and client driven initiatives which all require active management to drive faster product time to market and better visibility across all stakeholders.
The candidate will also be responsible for managing release processes from start to finish, including release notes management, release publication and clients notification. Duties & accountabilities
- Plan and oversee all aspects of project delivery within your area, working with resources (Technical leads, Development Leads, QA leads, Product Owners, UX leads) and client to meet the needs of the organization.
- Develop, maintain, and adapt delivery strategies that enhance delivery efficiencies, consistency, and drive delivery milestones.
- Use industry standard tooling to support delivery enhancements (Azure Dev Ops/MS Project).
- Work across the Solutions teams to co-ordinate practices, share good practice and develop skills.
- Reduce noise and confusion: ensure that every stakeholder has the information they require to make decisions and do their job.
- Ensure senior management and key stakeholders have a concise and detailed reporting structure that will provide clear transparency of projects and streams, and clearly highlights progress against milestones
- Own and maintain project logs (CAARDI).
- Management of the Release process and Governance structure.
- Develop performance analytics to develop a data driven improvement process.
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
E - Essential
D - Desirable
- 5+ years' experience in Project Management roles (E)
- Experience in monitoring and tracking multiple projects (E)
- Good understanding of Agile principals Methodologies (E)
- Understanding of SDLC/SaaS (E)
- Working in a Technology/Software environment (E)
- Understanding of the Release process and associated document governance (E)
- Use of ADO/Jira/Confluence/MS Project/Roadmunk (E)
- Client facing roles (E)
- Working in a Global market (time zones) (D)
- Working with off-shore / managed services (D)
- Preferably has experience in financial software development.
- Face-to-Face client engagement
- Ability to work independently and as a team with initiative and the confidence to ask for support when needed
- Technical in background and ability to grasp technical concepts, not necessarily a history of programming but this would be an asset.
- Pragmatic, flexible and solutions driven
- Ability to work with resources and manage diversity
- Ability to ask 'Why? And challenge in a constructive manner
- Ability to get the best from people whilst having high expectations
- Analytical and can work with the business stakeholder's daily
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable and flexible in working with global teams operating across different time zones.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.