AWS Automation Engineer
R12994, AWS Automation Engineer, Manchester Job Profile
Cloud Automation Engineer is function within the Cloud Enablement Group. The ideal candidate should have a strong infrastructure background with experience designing and creating AWS / Azure environments to support large, multifaceted enterprises. The experience should include migrations from using on prem computing platforms to a AWS cloud solution, hybrid cloud configurations, orchestration and integration techniques for utilizing cloud services for the management of storage, compute, and network resources.
Expanding the team and capabilities by bringing in more resources. This will enable us to meet increasing demand from Product groups and increase the number of automated services being offered Global IT
- Experience with large scale multi-cloud environments AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience in the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, image creation, storage management, Network security groups, role-based access controls, AWS Automation, load balancers, etc.
- Work across projects as AWS / Azure subject matter expert to deploy, tune and configure infrastructure central services in the cloud
- Experience with AWS / Azure APIs, Lambda Function, Terraform, Cloud Formation are highly desired.
- Automation first mind-set
- Assist with understanding AWS cost structure and provide cost optimization recommendations through best practices.
- Proficiency in security modelling and operational best practices.
- Must be detail oriented, a good communicator and can use agile approach to delivery.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and pushing application and code during builds (GitLab or Azure DevOps is a must).
- Strong scripting experience using PowerShell and Python plus working knowledge of orchestration tools (Realize preferred).
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.