FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
A retail bank with a focus on the mortgage market is seeking a Solution Architect to join their IT & Change team in Kent. This individual must have 5+ years' experience as a Solution Architect with experience using Java or ASP.net. Previous experience working on GDPR or PSD2 projects is beneficial.
The Solutions Architect will be accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting EA activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a portfolio of solutions in response to disruptive forces and driving achieving targeted business outcomes. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
* Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
* Design and lead the implementation of solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
* Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
* Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
* Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
* Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
* Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
* Analyse the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
* Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
* Minimum of five years of proven experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical application architecture, exposure to network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations is essential.
* Minimum of five years of proven experience in software development in JAVA or ASP.Net is essential
* Specialist knowledge in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical application architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations is essential.
* Detailed knowledge of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models- essential.
* Detailed knowledge of the Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt is essential
- GBP60000.00 - GBP65000.00 per annum
- Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 16 Mar 18