Working closely with the Head of CPO HR & Business Management, you will provide the full range of HR Business Partner support to teams within CPO which span Human Resources and Corporate Affairs.
Location: Hildenborough (Kent), will move to Lower Kingswood (Surrey) 2020
The Human Resources department supports the business to ensure the effective management and development of the talent in our organisation. It involves having oversight of all aspects of human capital management, which includes a number of areas of expertise working together collaboratively - talent acquisition, talent management and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and organisation development.
Purpose of your role
The primary objective of the role is to act as a business partner to ensure that managers are equipped to deal with people matters appropriately and that the people agenda is reflected in all decisions and aligned to achieving desired business outcomes. The role will focus on running cyclical HR activities for CPO such as talent reviews; performance management preparation, planning and delivery; compensation reviews and regular compensation changes related to promotions and role changes; supporting managers and employees through employee relations matters; employee engagement activities relating to Your Voice output.
- Work with the Employee Engagement team on several communication activities including the Recognition Awards (supplementing centralised comms when required); the annual communications plan; assist on the preparation, communication and updates to the management team for the annual Your Voice survey and track outputs and activities
- Take the lead in working with CPO leaders to develop plans to address Your Voice output in a measurable and sustainable way
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Work with Talent Acquisition team globally and participate in recruitment and selection processes to ensure experienced and skilled talents are brought into CPO
- Support business managers in the induction and on-boarding of new staff, focusing on assisting new staff members in engaging with the Fidelity culture and understand management practices key to successful delivery
- Work with line managers to ensure regular talent discussions take place as part of management meetings, and development plans are in place targeting high potential employees.
- Facilitate annualised talent data gathering exercises with CPO stakeholders and support the Head of HR in this exercise
Learning & Development
- Work with Talent team and the Head of HR to support the collation and assessment of specific training and development requirements for CPO
- Partner with managers to deploy talent development or learning initiatives across CPO, where much of the activity can be piloted given the nature of our teams
- Work with the Talent team in rolling out various internal/external trainings for the business where required
- Manage employee relations issues, engaging with managers promptly to address issues in a timely manner and assist in developing employee communication plans where appropriate. Contribute to and lead the HR components of change management and restructuring initiatives, which may include consultation with groups and individuals
- Coach and build capability of managers to handle situations with skill rather than managing the issues for them
- Support the resolution of employee relations matters e.g. Involuntary termination, Redundancy, Performance Improvement Plan, Disciplinary Meetings.
Performance Management & Reward
- In conjunction with the Reward team, undertake market reviews of compensation and work with the business to ensure an efficient management of the end of year compensation review process is conducted for CPO. Advise and support department managers in relation to their recommendations, maintaining objectivity and fairness at all times and ensuring accuracy of data throughout process. Assist in communicating key steps of the process and updates to the management teams.
- Undertake proactive bespoke compensation initiatives, in collaboration with the Reward team, to ensure that compensation remains competitive and retains key talent.
- Coach managers to manage performance on an ongoing basis and to have honest, open performance conversations with a focus on constructive and transparent communication between employee ad manager
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Ability to work with others, both as colleagues but also as internal clients.
- Proven experience in navigating and building strong relationships and credibility at all levels across regions and functions with managers and senior leaders.
- The ability to inspire confidence in others based on integrity, objectivity and fairness is key
- Ability and desire to work with a diverse and challenging client group.
- Highly collegiate, ability to work well with colleagues across the range of centres of expertise, sharing ideas and building on best practice, with proven ability to leverage their domain experience and capabilities.
- Demonstrable experience of working on the full range of HR issues, including employee relations is preferable
We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse company to work for and strive to create a culture where flexible working is encouraged so that we retain and attract the best talent by offering working patterns that suit both individual and business needs.