Grants Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Title: Grants Monitoring & EvaluationManager
- Job DescriptionJob Description
Title: Grants Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Department: Fidelity International Foundations
Reports to: COO, Fidelity International Foundations
Job Type: Permanent (Flexible/reduced hours considered)
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. We are a privately owned, independent company, with the commitment and resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future at www.fidelityrecruitment.com/europe/about-us
- Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description
Fidelity International Foundations
The Fidelity UK Foundation was established by Fidelity International Limited ('FIL') in 1988 to act as the conduit for Fidelity's philanthropic activities in the UK. A sister foundation, the FIL Foundation (now known as the Fidelity International Foundation) was established by FIL in Bermuda in 1992. Together these form 'the Foundations'. The Foundations followed the precedent of FMR Corp, the US Fidelity entity, which established its first charitable foundation over 40 years ago. The philosophy of the Johnson family, which has been adopted by FIL, is that philanthropic activities should be carried out away from the glare of publicity, and that the Foundations should work with charities almost as "venture capitalists" funding projects where our funding can make a meaningful and transformational difference to the charity concerned, and where the project will make the charity more effective. We frequently find that the Foundations are supporting projects where it may be harder to raise funds from the general public - although we do sometimes make challenge grants where the grant from the Foundations is conditional on a set level of other fundraising being achieved.
Purpose of your role
The primary objective of the role is to support the Foundations team in the monitoring, evaluation and administering of its grant programmes. Working closely with the Grants managers and the Finance team, this role will be responsible for monitoring the progress of projects funded by the Foundations and ensuring that accurate records are maintained on the Foundations grants administration system, IMPACT.
The Grants Monitoring & Evaluation Manager provides support for non-profit organisations to ensure monitoring procedures and requirements are followed, assessing project performance against agreed target outcomes and evaluating and reporting on the lessons learned and wider impact of the Foundations' grant programmes. This will include: supporting successful applicants through the post-grant award process; assisting the Grants managers in initial assessment of applications; working with the team to report and seek information as required; ensuring timely completion of the end of project evaluation and reporting process; and compiling and reporting information to the Foundations leadership and the Boards of Trustees in an efficient and presentable manner.
- Acting as first point-of-contact for Foundations' applicants and grantees in support of the Grants Management and Finance teams
- Assessing monitoring documentation submitted by external organisations against agreed targets and performance indicators
- Evaluating and reporting on impact of funded projects and the wider funding programmes
- Supporting grant recipients to ensure understanding of monitoring requirements and submission of monitoring documentation within agreed timescales
- Advising external organisations on the application processes, eligibility criteria, key funding criteria, and in response to general enquiries
- Undertaking administrative tasks in line with the role's responsibilities and as required by the COO and Head of Foundations
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Strong analytical and data management experience, with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of compiling and reporting information to line management and providing administrative support
- Excellent IT skills including: being a skilled user of MS Office; familiarity with database systems; experience using Excel pivot tables to manipulate/analyse data and the ability to create clear and informative charts and graphs
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relations with external contacts from diverse backgrounds
- A strong team player
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness to work flexibly in support of the Foundations' aims