This is a highly flexible role which will demand strong organisation and communication skills. The business is going through a significant period of change and the new role will evolve over time but primary responsibilities will include:
* Assist in the tax reporting process though working closely with the group accountants and local controllers.
* Assist in the tax compliance process and the completion and review of entity "tax packs"
* Assist in the tax department's external audit process.
* Responsible for oversight and compliance, through recently acquired Insight tax software, of the group's tax documentation, positions and risks.
* Co-ordinate information requests from tax authorities and ensure deadlines are monitored and met regarding tax audits
* Other Ad hoc requests such as withholding tax compliance, tax risk management etc.
Requirements, skills and qualifications
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
* IT literate with strong Excel skills.
* Exposure to Corporation tax and an understanding of basic tax principles
* Accountancy background ACA/ACCA/CIMA - an advantage
* Tax accounting experience - an advantage
* Experience of managing change.
* Given the international nature of the role language skills (such as German - where the group has significant operations) would be beneficial.
* Operates in an honest, ethical manner in all dealings; acts with integrity
* Team player willing to assist where needed
* Willingness to learn and embrace change
* A pro-active individual
* Ability to quickly build relationships
* Located in Maidenhead.
* Hours of work 9:00 to 5:30, extended at peak times such as Year End & Interim Reporting
What you'll get in return
* Experience of working in an International Tax department for a listed UK Plc
* Modern hi-tech offices in Maidenhead.
* Opportunity to make a significant difference in a market leading UK listed Technology Company.
With a team of over 200 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is one of London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment businesses. Voted ‘Best Recruitment Company to Work For’ in 2018, our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hold annual revenues exceeding £42 million. This includes Qualified & Part-Qualified / Transactional Finance, Actuarial & Investment Management, Audit, Banking Operations, Compliance & Financial Crime, Front Office, Housing Development, Information & Cyber Security, Technology, Digital & Data, Product Control & Valuations, Projects, Change & Transformation, Risk & Regulation, Tax and Treasury.
We also have a Solutions team who provide RPO, hybrid and volume recruitment services. Alongside this, Goodman Masson have developed an Executive Search team who focus on sourcing C-suite talent to fee earning Legal partners.