Purchase Ledger Team Leader
- Jan 07, 2021
Morgan McKinley, Northern Home Counties is excited to be partnering a growing employer of choice in Luton. My client continues to be a leader in their sector and outperform its competition.
With exciting times ahead this is an excellent time to join a local employer of choice.
The role of Accounts Payable Team Leader is to support the Accounts Payable team, ensuring correct records are maintained, which will satisfy the external auditors and ensure all suppliers are paid in a prompt manner.
This is an end-to-end Purchase Ledger position, you will help the team with the workload whilst maintaining high standards to support the business. Responsibilities;
You will possess the following;
- Supporting the management of the supplier base and payment of invoices, in accordance with Group policies.
- Ensuring Invoices are scanned, distributed, authorised and processed in a timely manner.
- Management of the invoice authorisation process.
- Timely resolution of supplier queries with budget holders.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations, dealing with and resolving any account anomalies as they arise.
- Supplier payment runs in accordance with timetable.
- Timely closure of purchase ledger at month end in accordance with management accounts deadline.
- Regular review of aged creditors with the relevant members of the team.
- Management and creation of new supplier accounts and master creditors.
- Liaising with stakeholders, maintaining Excel spreadsheets and any other ad hoc tasks required by management.
Please contact Emma Smith on email@example.com for further information
- Proven previous experience managing a team within Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger.
- Flexible, punctual and able to meet multiple deadlines
- Confident, self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be commercially minded with ability to deliver a high level of customer service.
- Detailed knowledge of Accounting and IT systems
- Highly organised with a 'can do' approach
- Able to identify problems and make decisions, taking appropriate action to resolve
- Competent user of Microsoft packages with expert level Excel skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.