The role will be to provide regulatory advisory coverage for fixed income, currencies, commodities and equities, including the sales and trading activity in the London and EU offices, with a primary focus being on the relevant U.S. regulations that impact activities across Europe.
Working closely with the US Compliance team as well as partnering with key US support and control functions, the successful applicant will be responsible for the business as usual execution of UK and European elements of Compliance programs relating to US activity including swap dealer and 15a6 rules. In partnership with US colleagues, the incumbent will be responsible for addressing any gaps or deficiencies while enhancing existing policies, processes, procedures and any business as usual execution of the SEC and other relevant US regulation.
- Be responsible for the BAU execution of the CFTC Swap Dealer compliance program
- Be the European main point of contact for the BAU execution of the Security Based Swap Dealer (SBSD) compliance program
- Lead on any remediation of gaps, deficiencies, or required enhancement to existing policies, processes, or procedures in relation to Swaps Sealer compliance
- Lead on the SEC and other relevant US regulation as it impacts activity carried out from the Bank’s European offices.
- Be responsible for advisory coverage of fixed income, currencies, commodities and equities businesses, across the European offices, as well as working closely with the US Compliance team and partner with US support and control functions on the impact of the relevant U.S. regulations in Europe.
- Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures and processes to reflect regulatory and internal requirements impacting fixed income, currencies, commodities and equities businesses.
- Provides advice on relevant regulations and internal policies and procedures to internal stakeholders.
- Provides regular training and education to make employees aware of their compliance responsibilities, including conducting formal and informal compliance training, creating training and educational materials.
- Monitors and identifies regulatory, compliance and industry developments through review of publications, participation in industry forums and dialogue with European Regulators.
- Evaluates new products, programs, services and business initiatives to ensure compliance issues are identified and addressed.
- Investigates possible instances of non-compliance.