iShares Business Strategy Vice President – UK
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Vice President role in Business Strategy is a critical role in the Business Strategy team, as the central role in delivering strategy projects.
From scoping to implementation and tracking, the VP is a key point of contact for other parts of iShares and Blackrock.
This role will require work in cross-functional teams to deliver successful projects.
It requires the capability to work in small teams and utilize analytical abilities to come up with creative solutions to business problems, and present impactful solutions with tangible next steps to management.
• Engage more senior members of the team in scoping the issue a new project is aiming to solve. Integrate
diverse views (also from other stakeholders) and prepare concise project scope documents (depending on
size of project)
• Execute Strategy projects through different phases:
- Break down problem into work streams, define approach and required analyses, create workplan,
- allocate team resources)
- Gather and synthesize information from a variety of sources (industry research, financial
- publications, and iShares and broader BlackRock colleagues including field sales, marketing, , etc.)
- Manage junior team members (provide guidance on workstreams, structure analyses and
- documents, review outputs and provide feedback)
- Synthesize findings (informally and formally) and engage senior team members in problem solving
- sessions and on potential issues along the way
- Create impactful reports/presentations to communicate with BlackRock and iShares management
- on project progress, final outcomes and implementation plans
• Collaborate closely with other colleagues at all levels throughout iShares to drive projections through
completion – provide guidance on how teams can structure their workflow
• Assist in formulating business intelligence / competitor monitoring where required
• Facilitate broader strategic planning across the iShares business
• Support other iShares functions in ad-hoc requests/ become sparring partner
Essential skills / experience
• Deep understanding of the Asset Management industry and general understanding of the ETF landscape
• External top tier strategy consultancy experience desired (at project manager level)
• First-class undergraduate degree, with MBA and / or professional finance qualifications desirable
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills essential – ability to quickly produce management-level quality
presentations, and produce robust Excel models (forecasting, sensitivity analysis, data synthetization)
• Experience in working with senior management, with the ability to translate complex views and opinions into
straightforward, tangible deliverables
• Structured communication skills: ability to communicate complex ideas top-down, ask targeted questions to
arrive at solutions
• Problem solving: think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and
• Interpersonal skills: ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, understand their viewpoints, build longterm
relationships, create a collaborative and inspirational environment within the team and develop team
• Process management: Efficiently manage project processes, navigate tradeoffs and effectively manage
own and other’s time
• Precision / attention to detail
• Team player, with ability to work across diverse markets and cultures
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.