eTrading Programme Manager
- disc. bonus/benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 01 Dec 17 2017-12-01
The successful candidate will programme manage the eTrading stream to raise our client eTrading capabilities to Tier 1 market standard via improved automation, integration & connectivity and specifically improve client experience and business profitability through trade industrialisation: adaptability, connectivity & capacity" on Equity Derivatives and Prime side.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We believe Client business is bifurcating into flow Execution (low margin, high volume, efficient, electronic) and Financing/solutions (high margin, bespoke, balance sheet). This trend is being further accelerated by recent changes in technology resulting in the Flow business becoming increasingly electronic and margins being compressed. Consequently HSBC's answer will be to:
- Reduce the cost per transaction of our flow businesses by industrializing trade processing,
- Improve HSBC staff and Client experience when they trade & interact with HSBC leveraging our technology and pre/post trade HSBC content.
As a result, we expect to:
- Compensate margin compression and in some cases increase our revenues by attracting more client flows.
- Rebalancing our business effort on financing, solutions and structured business increasing our revenues.
To achieve these expectations, HSBC Management has decided to start a 3 year programme (from beginning of 2018 to end of 2020) called "Digital for Markets" (DGM)
The successful candidate will programme manage the eTrading stream covering multiple assets classes including FX, Fixed Income, Equities (Cash, Equity Derivatives and Prime).
The stream vision is to:
- "Raise our client eTrading capabilities to Tier 1 market standard via improved automation, integration & connectivity"
- and specifically "Improve client experience and business profitability through trade industrialisation: adaptability, connectivity & capacity" on Equity Derivatives and Prime side.
The stream will focus on the main Risk Management and Trading component: Pricing, Client Execution, Hedging & Risk Management and Infrastructure through:
- Higher quality & faster pricing via expanded auto-quoting.
- Platform upgrades where needed, improved algo capabilities.
- All available sources used for risk, including cross asset sources, internal crossing & duration management capabilities.
- Better latency and business capacity via external connectivity & STP.
- New cross asset opportunities (TBC).
- Better products and client service capabilities.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Seasoned Project / Programme management expertise leading transformational change programmes around the trading side of the Front Office
- Strong track record of delivering global transformational change programmes across both technology and business change.
- Understanding of structured products
- Strong experience in leading and managing a diverse and high performing change function on a global basis
- Proactive communicator with demonstrable track record in managing stakeholders up to Managing Director level
- Prior experience of leading and managing global teams highly desirable
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.