eRates Technical Lead – Fixed Income Electronic Trading – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
The Fixed Income Electronic Trading team at Morgan Stanley is seeking a Technical Lead in the Electronic Trading Technology Space for Interest Rates. The qualified candidate will lead a small team of developers and face off with E-Trading Strats and traders. S/he should be hands-on in core Java and be able to make individual contributions to our e-trading technology stack while also shaping the overall design of our electronic trading components. S/he will ensure that the team is meeting our global list of priorities. The candidate will provide technology direction to the Rates Electronic Trading business, both in terms of hands-on development and shaping the architecture.
This is a small team working very closely with the strats and traders, so there is a great deal of opportunity to make a significant difference in an interesting domain. The team itself is responsible for automating the Broker to Client lifecycle for EU Government bonds and EU Swaps.
- Hands-on Technical Lead who can make individual contributions to our Rates E-Trading components as well as lead a small team of developers
- Strive for best-in-class technology for Rates Automated and Electronic Trading and drive the technology agenda
- Face off to E-Trading Strats and the Rates electronic trading desk in London
- Ensure best practices and standards from our SDLC process are being followed throughout the E-Trading Technology plant
- You will be a champion for automated testing.
- You will deliver high quality code that is comprehensively tested because your code will be placing live orders in markets
- You will partner with our stakeholders to gather project requirements and design first class innovative solutions
- Strong Core Java with an emphasis on Multi-Threading, Algorithms and Collections
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- A good understanding of Fixed Income Electronic Trading Technology
- Ideally a good understanding in Rates
- Experience in a Technical Leadership role
- Knowledge and experience on agile software development practices
- KDB/Q experience would be desirable
- Expertise with FIX and fast message formats (e.g. Protocol Buffers, Thrift, etc)
- Experience in low latency is desirable
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1