eRates Strats - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution.
Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market
leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The eRates Strats team support trading by developing automatons and data analysis to facilitate better and more efficient trading. The team is part of front-office within the Fixed Income Division.
We are seeking an experienced candidate in London to contribute to research and development of algorithmic trading strategies.
• Strong collaboration with trading desk to facilitate improved trading
• Implementation and calibration of new and existing trading strategies
• Strong collaboration with IT to co-ordinate delivery and contribute to trading framework
• Continual monitoring and optimization of trading parameters
• Co-ordination with risk functions to ensure automatons are controlled
Skills required (essential)
• Prior experience in an electronic trading or research role
• Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Computer Science
• Knowledge of Fixed Income products and Market Microstructure
• Strong technical skills in object-orientated programming and experience in contributing to algorithmic trading framework
• Strong technical skills (R, Python, Matlab) for statistical and econometric analysis
• Experience in automation and dealing with ‘big data’
• Strong communication (role requires effective collaboration and consensus-building across a range of functional groups)
• Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to present complex issues clearly, both verbally and in writing, is essential
• Attention to detail and the ability to work thoughtfully and independently and manage multiple projects
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.