eFX Front End Developer, HTML 5, WPF, C#, UI, Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
The Developer will be responsible for designing/developing features of the FX eTrading trading platforms including Nomura Live single dealer platform as well as other key eFX Applications.
This opportunity is for a Lead Front End Developer in the eFX Technology team who will be responsible for designing/developing features of the FX eTrading trading platforms including Nomura Live single dealer platform as well as other key eFX Applications. This role will include hands on design and code optimization with the development teams.
The eFX Technology team is core to the FX business at Nomura. The team are of medium size (~25 developers) and are situated close to the eFX trading desk working in partnership with the traders on a daily basis.
Key objectives critical to success:
The role is for a Lead Developer to manage the eFX UI application design and roll out. The project includes designing and rewriting many of the legacy eFX UI applications as well as managing the eFX UI development team. The successful candidate will be also be expected to be a hands on developer working closely with the front office and a global development team.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Experience supporting / designing client facing/front end applications for use in different environments (desktop, mobile, tablet etc.)
- Keen, enthusiastic and passionate about front end development with an eye for detail
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge desired:
- TDD and testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Selenium and Cucumber
- Messaging, Tibco Rendezvous, EMS / JMS
- Framework Design and Development
- eTrading / eMarkets experience
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge preferred:
- Knowledge of e-Trading workflows (Contribution, Trading, STP, RFQ, Market data)
- Low latency (sub millisecond)
- Java experience beneficial
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.