| Engineering Project Manager |
DESCRIPTION Amazon has created some of the most game-changing technologies in the world. From the introduction of innovative new products like the Kindle, to the development of new ways for customers to leverage Amazon's vast infrastructure through Fulfillment by Amazon, and Amazon Web Services, we have consistently driven change from the front of the pack.
The Robotics Operational Readiness Team will take a lead role in ensuring the successful deployment and launch of new technologies such as Packaging, Mobility, Mechatronics and Sortation. The role is focused specifically on "New" technologies and processes. The position will work directly with internal design houses, and ensure that new technology entering the network is ready to be deployed at scale.
The candidate will gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assign individual responsibilities, and build a working model for which the downstream deployment team will work to. Project Managers have cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables. The team utilizes project management skills to anticipate constraints and mitigate risks to balance the business needs with technical solutions. A successful candidate should be capable in the integration and launch of complex automated solutions.
• Work closely with design, development and maintenance teams during emerging technology life cycle.
• Build mechanisms and processes to allow for emerging technology to be deployed at scale across the EU Network.
• Support the deployment, launch, and continuous improvement of new technologies & process automation solutions developed within Amazon.
• Support the design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions and deliver results on time.
• Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Support current production activities when required to ensure high availability of the production systems related to new technologies.
• Lead continuous improvement processes to improve deployability at scale and act as SME for new technologies.
• Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and quality issues related to new technologies and participate in root cause analysis to mitigate operational exposure.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any discipline), and relevant experience in project/program management.
• Experience working with the designs of complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, or systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
• Experience with process design based on Lean principles.
• Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, and AutoCAD software.
• Ability to travel (up to 30%) to support Amazon's network locations based primarily within Europe
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Advanced degree in Engineering (any discipline), Math or Physical Science and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in either design engineering, deployment or program management field.
• Capital project management skills.
• Recognized Project Management Certification (PMP / Prince2)
• Design-in-Safety experience
• Proficiency with concepts such as system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
• Ability to operate with autonomy with little oversight or direction