Windows Systems Administrator - Infrastructure
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
The Windows Operations function sit within Platform Services departments and is responsilbe for the support and operational stability of the EMEA Windows Platform.
The Windows Operations function sit within Platform Services departments and is responsilbe for the support and operational stability of the EMEA Windows Platform. The function provides a variety of services to our stakeholders including hardware specificiation advice, Operational Readiness of new solution and implementation of new Windows servers.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will join the Windows Platform Services team and will have a wide varitiety of responsibilites including
- Support call resolution.
- Implementation of Change Requests
- Server hardware builds
- Automating existing processes and platforms.
- Working with Incident Management team to provide RCAs for Incidents
- Escalations from follow the Sun resources
- Server BAU Projects
- On Call Support
3 Key Objectives critical to success of the role (if applicable):
- Ability to prioritse and work well under presure
- Build relationships with peers and stakeholders globally.
- Ensure all Policies and Procudures are followed at all times
Skills & Experience Required:
- Solid experience of working as a Windows SA in a large-scale, distributed environment.
- Prior experience of global enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver on complex problems and incidents.
- A confident person - articulate, enthusiastic and outgoing.
- Pro-active, energetic professional with strong communication and networking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts.
- Experience of working with offshore IT teams.
- Experience working in a large globally distributed organisation
- Experience of working in a large infrastructure organisation
- Investment Banking experience
- Windows 2008 - 20012
- Windows 2008 clustering technologies
- Active Directory 2008 and 2012
- Document or content management systems.
- HP / IBM Hardware
- Powershell scripting
Cyber Security technologises and methods