- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 22 Apr 18
Web UI Full Stack Developer (HTML. CSS, Angular) # 106447
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
This role provides the opportunity to be engaged in the design & technical delivery of a new strategic CRM dashboard and PDF reporting solution over the next 24 months. This new application uses the latest web technologies to satisfy the high expectations in terms of responsiveness and volume of data.
The long term strategic solution will be to integrate the application into the Investment Bank's Global Credit Risk systems, consisting already of a number of high-profile global web applications, with a user base running to several thousands. Once the application is in production, in addition to the ongoing significant development work, you will be expected to assist with support queries and investigations.
The team is presently split across London and Poland, however involves working with people globally.
- Under the guidance of a Development Team Leader, work directly with allocated Project Managers, Business Analysts and external IT and business teams to implement change requests and new features.
- Lead a work stream of 2 to 4 developers towards the delivery of stories for each sprint.
- Run daily catch-ups, review code, mentor junior developers, maintain standards and performance across stream and assist to evolve the development practices and processes.
- Take responsibility to ensure workstream delivered functionality is fully dev tested against acceptance criteria for each work item before scheduled demonstrations.
- Collaborate with other Workstream leads, Development lead and architects to drive forward strategy and technical roadmap.
- Design and implement new front-end and back-end functionalities using technologies such as HTML5, Angular JS, Java and Spring Framework.
- Design new infrastructure components and frameworks to support the Dashboards & PDF Reporting elements as required.
- Take ownership and responsibility for changes that go through multiple tiers from the browser through to the back-end and databases by collaborating with other developers.
- Utilize standards, architectures, and processes to ensure that all code and development practices conform to company guidelines and industry best practice.
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, following stringent rules and procedures for testing and promoting code in compliance with company change control processes.
This role has excellent potential as a launch pad to further a career in architecture, management, or technical specialist roles. Additionally a great opportunity to help drive the technical delivery required to transform the current systems environment and implement our Global IT Strategy.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
This position requires:
- She / he will be a full-stack developer with demonstrable solid technical delivery and leadership capabilities.
- Experience with developing and working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with the latest Java technologies (e.g. Java 8, Spring 4, Hazelcast, Hibernate) with understanding of the JVM internal operating model.
- Experience with relational database development (SQL, stored procedures, effective design/use).
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools. (Jasmine, Selenium, JUnit, Cucumber, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience with high performance and high data volume applications.
- Experienced as a technical lead of highly focused 2+ person work streams.
- Good attention to detail and full accountability for delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business value, collaborating with business partners and Business Analysts to improve the functional delivery and User Experience (for UIs).
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Experience facing off to both technical and non-technical business partners.
- Experience using Agile principles in small functional teams, with exposure to all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
- A solid understanding of standard change control policies and procedures and experience working in an IT environment with rigorous change control procedures.
- Fluent English both written and spoken.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Good experience with unit and integration testing (Java and Web).
- Experience of working in a continuous integration environment.
- Any credit risk experience gained working within an IT department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to Big Data (e.g. Cloudera stack, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Impala).
For more information visit Technology Careers