Web Operations Technical Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Oct 18
Job Title: MFT Technical Specialist Department: Web Operations, Enterprise Infrastructure Services
This role is working in Nomura's Web Operations team within Enterprise Infrastructure Services, which a focus on MFT technologies. The team consists of 3 members in EU, 3 members in the US, 9 members in India and 3 members in Asia supporting the global organisation.
There is a complimentary web engineering team based in London and the successful candidate will be expected to work very closely with this team to ensure a successful transition of run the bank (RTB) activities and on boarding of any new platforms and technologies.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
The team's primary focus is providing global operational support for the infrastructure technologies delivered from within the Web Engineering group which include:
- MFT (Managed File Transfer) and FTP infrastructure experience (Axway/ProFTP)
- Web Server infrastructure - Apache, IIS, SharePoint and Sun Java System Web Server
- Splunk - Queries for search and analysis
- Python - Basic scripting skills
- Ansible - Basic scripting skills
The role requires a high standard of investigation, problem solving ability and a technical background. The successful candidate will be expected to respond to and resolve occurring support issues in order to improve the services provided by the team.
They will also be expected to help continue the trend towards automation and improving existing services. There will be an amount of direct interaction with the engineering team to escalate recurring problems and feed back requirements that may require newly engineered solutions. As new platforms are built the operations members will be expected to take part in handover sesions to ensure succesful transition into the production domain.
Key Objectives critical to success of the role:
- Administer and support of Axway environment and associated platforms
- Maintain strong relationships with users who will include developers and end users.
- Ensure uniform and cohesive monitoring is applied across the relevant infrastructures.
- Work with global counter parts for issue resolution and escalation.
- Problem ownership from reporting to resolution or escalation to another team.
- Follow the firm's best practices including managing changes to supported systems, and incident reporting.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of change and incident management is essential.
- Knowledge of web technologies as mentioned above.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and proven rapid learning capability
- Must have flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of MFT infrastructure (ideally Axway)
- Basic level of Linux preferably RedHat/CentOS
- Knowledge of common Linux and Windows web servers
- Knowledge of common web proxies/caches
- Basic Scripting skills (e.g. Python,Unix shell, powershell and Ansible)
- Knowledge of some devops tools (e.g. Ansible, puppet, jenkins)
- Experience with Log manipulation tools (e.g. Splunk, ELK)
- TCP/IP networks and common internet protocols - such as HTTP and FTP
- Windows and Linux fundamentals
- Knowledge of software and hardware load balancers
- Knowledge of JBoss, Weblogic & TomCat application servers
- Java and JEE development environments
- Use of helpdesk management tools e.g. ServiceNow etc.
- Understanding of the configuration and customisation of web browsers
- Knowledge of Capital markets area and banking systems
- Any background working with or supporting large multi-tennant web farms