Join us as a Wealth Consumer Duty Controls Manager
What you'll do
- If you can demonstrate good knowledge of a risk management and controls environment, then this could be the ideal role for you
- You'll be applying effective risk management and decision making capability, anticipating and assessing the potential impacts of risk across the business
- You'll gain significant exposure across the function and have the advantage of a varied breadth of work, supporting stakeholders to manage risk for the bank
- This role is available for a period of 12 Mo
You'll deliver the assessment and implementation of risk framework and policy compliance or change, converting these into appropriate strategies and action plans. You'll also manage the identification and assessment of material risks, and determine their position relative to agreed appetites.
Collaborating with senior stakeholders across the business, you'll lead the development and delivery of remedial action plans where identified risks are considered out of appetite, as well as demonstrating risk leadership and advocacy, to support a culture of proactive and pre-emptive risk management and continuous improvement, and the attainment of operational risk objectives.
Other key elements of the role are to include:
The skills you'll need
- Developing and delivering a strong risk awareness across the business, contributing to prioritising, designing and implementing the operational risk principles into the business
- Implementing a robust governance framework that engages all relevant stakeholders to enable effective decision making
- Making sure that all aspects of risk management are delivered within the requirements of the policy framework and in accordance with the conduct risk requirements
- Managing the delivery and interpretation of risk MI and risk reports into the business, working collaboratively to develop effective action plans to resolve issues
To be successful in this role, you'll need the ability to think creatively when resolving complex problems and identify alternatives where established procedures may not exist, ensuring an improved client experience, while protecting the shareholder.
You'll also have good knowledge of a risk management and controls environment and how this impacts our business and customers, as well as general project management experience, involving complex people, processes and technology issues.
On top of this, you'll bring:
- Operational and business experience with a clear track record of delivery
- General knowledge of how regulatory, political, reputational and environmental risk issues impact a complex financial services business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strength in communicating complex or detailed information in a simple and clear style
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads to ensure the most efficient use of the time and resources available
- The ability to think strategically, demonstrating thought leadership while being capable of translating concepts into effective processes