Wave Platform Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 16 Feb 19
Job Reference # 179554BR
We are looking for an extremely bright, enthusiastic individual who is excited by the challenge and opportunity to contribute to a new cross-asset, next generation risk platform. We're looking for someone to help achieve that by:
- Collaborating with other global IT teams to source data into the platform
- Build feeds from upstream market data and reference data sources using Java and Python
- Integrate with next generation cloud technology adoption in UBS
- Assist production operations team in rollout and production support
You'll be working directly with quants teams in London to source and supply market data and reference data from upstream IT systems. A large part of this is supplying data to a new next generation risk platform, building on new UBS cloud strategies, which is gaining traction within the bank. Our job as an IT team is to work closely with them to provision and manage data.
- Good core Java experience (minimum 2 years). Ideally Spring
- Good core Python experience (minimum 2 years). Ideally data analytics libraries such as Pandas
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns. Exposure to functional programming is also desirable
- Good understanding of low-latency, multi-threaded code
- Experience of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience of Linux, containers (e.g. Docker), Kafka, Git
- Experience in automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience of working in agile teams
- Business knowledge highly desirable - FX, Rates, Credit products knowledge - risk, PnL and risk based PnL
- Looking for a new and exciting challenge
- Self-starting attitude and the desire to take ownership of requirements front start to finish
- Proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
- An excellent communicator
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.