WW Senior Solutions Architect - Content Production
DESCRIPTION Amazon is continuously striving to be the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS has helped over one million customers in over 190 countries, including several large Media & Entertainment enterprises such as The Walt Disney Company, Netflix, Fox, Discovery and the NFL, deliver the next generation media applications for content production, machine learning, supply chains, archives, streaming media, and broadcast. Behind this success is exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun, and make history.
As a Content Production Solutions Architect Leader at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will design the content production/post production solutions for the largest names/studios in the Media industry using AWS native services as well as partner/ISV vendor solutions. You are a technical thought leader who deeply understands the existing solutions space and industry challenges for Content Production pipelines and Studios workloads (from on-set production, post production, supply chains/archive, finishing/packaging and delivery). You will find and implement creative solutions using any combination of AWS Infrastructure (EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFront), AWS Media Services (AWS MediaLive, AWS MediaConvert), AWS Thinkbox, AWS AI Services (Amazon Personalize, Amazon Rekognition), Amazon Partner Network technology, and open source technology.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to develop and communicate strategies regarding the M&E industry and technical barriers to cloud adoption. A passion for educating, training, and designing cloud solutions for enterprise customers is an absolute requirement for this position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support AWS Account teams to help formulate a strategy for the adoption of Content Production tools within the Media and Entertainment (M&E) vertical.
• Work with existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform.
• Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
• Exhibit Thought Leadership. Evangelize AWS Services and Media/Content production solutions that benefit customers. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent.
• Act as technical liaison between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
• Provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to builder considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge pertaining to Content production technologies among the AWS solutions architecture community.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support.
• Be able to develop proof-of-concepts for Content production pipelines
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 7+ year's design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications
• 3+ years' experience working with multi-national customers in support of technology sales
• Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
• Technical degree required
• Experience and understanding of the Content Production, Post Production, Production Supply Chain, Production Archives and asset management systems as well as packaging and distribution of content.
• Understanding of the Pre-Production, Production, Post Production Technologies and vendor/ISV network
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Master's degree preferred
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Hands-on experience running Content Production pipelines (Film/Feature Production)
• Posthouse tools/applications such as, Production Archives, VFX/Animation pipeline, Collaboration tools
• Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity