WW Senior Solutions Architect - Advertising & Marketing
DESCRIPTION Would you like to define and deliver the solutions to drive the next generation of Advertising and Marketing solutions delivered by Amazon Web Services (AWS) and work with the world's largest and most innovative AdTech companies? Be part of a cross-functional team focused on delivering groundbreaking innovation, speed to market and best of breed cloud technology for our customers? Engage directly with technical leaders and influencers at all levels across the industry?
Do you have the builder skills and architecture experience, combined with the business background, deep technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the Advertising & Marketing industry?
Your responsibilities will include helping to articulate the technical strategy for AWS in the Advertising & Marketing area, identifying key trends from customers and the market, and define the solutions and architecture to provide customers with prescriptive guidance for those trends, identify and engage key strategic integration and solutions partners, and build the technical relationships with industry thought leaders and key prospect/customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines.
Your work enables the AWS sales teams to understand the workloads of key prospects in-depth. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices, including data security and regulatory compliance. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by Advertisers and Marketing agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong builder background, deep technical knowledge and exceptional architecture skills that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of Advertising & Marketing companies, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of specific designs, services, and cloud computing to the platform architects, infrastructure architects, engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams.
The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with very high volume, low latency, cost optimized workloads in a cloud native environment.
- Together with the Technology Leader for AWS Advertising & Marketing Technology, develop the strategic technology plan, and define the associated solutions and architectures to accelerate customer time to value.
- Identifying key trends from customers and the market, and define the solutions and architecture to provide customers with prescriptive guidance for those trends. Develop and lead development of solutions selected.
- Responsible for understanding the use cases for the Advertising & Marketing industry and developing the AWS-based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions as well as developing reference architectures and solutions that highlight the use of AWS services in partnership with internal and external teams
- Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community (SAs, ProServe Consultants, TAMs, etc.) understand both the use cases and technology involved across Advertising & Marketing. Works with the Training and Sales Enablement teams to help develop the necessary technical skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
- Responsible for establishing technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customers and partners across the industry.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in the Advertising & Marketing space, and is able to credibly represent us at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS - Must have 5-7 years of experience in a senior technical leader or architect role within the industry.
- Must have 5 years delivering cloud-native solutions.
- Must have intimate experience with very high volume and low latency platform requirements.
- Ability to do hands-on development using Go, Java or Python (RUST is a plus).
- Deep technical knowledge of Digital Advertising IT is required, including: machine learning, networks and network security, data pipelines, databases, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present ideas clearly and compellingly
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Technical degree highly desired; or equivalent background.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SI's and ISVs.
- Hands-on experience delivering large projects
- Demonstrated industry efficiency in the fields of cloud native architecture
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-Level executives