WPF Web Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Fin Tech is part of the Technology & Data department. This group is responsible for developing Finance applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities and Investment Banking. This group is responsible for IT systems that support the generation and substantiation of regulatory reports such as 10Q, 10K and management information packs.
We are looking for a technically proficient C# .NET WPF and web development lead in the Finance technology team. The candidate will be responsible for development of new application components as well as improving existing ones within the Controllers Workbench framework (CWB) using an agile development methodology, with particular focus on a highly test driven approach and continuous integration. Development activities will focus on priorities for the expansion of a new reporting suite at the firm covering General Ledger and associated financial information.
Controllers Workbench (CWB) is a flexible client UI that was developed in Finance Tech using .Net and WPF. It is a pluggable windows framework that supports reporting and control functions like adjustments, sign-off and commentary, used primarily by Finance Controllers. CWB is completely metadata driven reporting architecture, which provides reporting functionality such as Criteria (Filter) selection, Navigation, highly customized and advanced data grid, export to excel, Drill-down, custom report creation, saving a report and opening existing report. The reporting data grid is driven by Metadata, so that creating of a new report is as easy as creating a new XML file. CWB Framework supports concept of plug-in, where each plug-in can leverage all the existing functionality as mentioned above and extend it to suite it needs.
- Infragistics WPF controls
- The candidate should have the following skills:
- Net Framework 4.0 and higher
- Strong C# with good understanding of OOP, design patterns and multi-threading
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) with XAML
- Composite Application Library (Prism)
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Good understanding of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and REST services
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of full software development life cycle
- Ability to communicate with the business unit sponsors effectively
- Ability to coordinate with various teams to deliver projects successfully-
- Working knowledge of agile development practices including Test Driven Development, continuous integration and SCRUM
- Good problem solving skills
- Good team leading skills
- Language Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Infragistics WPF controls
- GIT Stash
- Knowledge of Finance processes
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.