WMF Fund Product Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
WMF Fund Product Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Fund Product Manager role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing Wellington Management Funds Global ("WMF Global") group, which develops and oversees a variety of commingled funds offered to a diverse set of Wellington's clients from over 40 countries worldwide. WMF Global sponsors over 80 funds totaling AUM of $40 billion, spanning the full range of Wellington's product offerings, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
The Fund Product Manager is responsible for managing the product development in WMF Global's Ireland and Luxembourg UCITS and AIF ranges, as well as funds domiciled in Cayman, Canada and Australia. This role will work closely with two other Fund Product Managers and other members of the Product team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the fund development and fund design process, including contributing to new product approval and creation, being knowledgeable about the target market segment objectives and constraints, navigating applicable regulations, knowing our competition, and contributing to pricing and capacity management
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the fund launch process including being accountable for all major decisions related to structuring and fund terms, collaborating on the fund's positioning in fund launch materials and client communication, and ensuring that stakeholders around the firm are equipped to represent the fund to their clients, consultants and prospects
- Set clear expectations throughout the launch and development process with all stakeholders as it relates to documentation review, time to market, operational set up, reporting requirements, and potential issues to resolve
- Accountable for fund closure/merger activity
- Maintain open dialogue and offer subject matter expertise with various internal stakeholders related to WMF Global funds, including vehicle structures, regulations, product trends, pricing, liquidity, suitability, hedging, income distribution, etc.
- Lead or assist with ad hoc projects
- General troubleshooting
We seek individuals who can demonstrate:
- 5+ years developing cross-border fund solutions; and 10+ years in the funds industry broadly
- Grace under pressure, and an ethos for hard work, accountability and doing one's best
- A natural interest in financial markets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Positive, collegial attitude, sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Good business judgement
- Exceptional attention to detail, responsiveness and follow-through
- Collaborative and flexible mindset to navigate cross-functional role where priorities and client needs change often
WMF Fund Product Manager
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .