Virtual Desktop Engineer
The Personal Technology team are responsible for multiple end-user services across the enterprise, encompassing Virtual Desktop / Virtual Applications, Desktop, Mobility, Applications, and Print.
As a key member of the Personal Technology team in EMEA your primary focus will be providing 3 rd level support, maintenance and project activities for the Virtual Desktop and Application environment based on VMware Horizon. You will be pivotal to our team successfully delivering our Virtual Desktop vision globally.
This role requires close collaboration with various internal and external technology and business teams. You will also have a customer-obsessed attitude with excellent communication skills.
A background in VMware virtualisation, VDI design, networking, storage in large enterprise environments would be key to be successful in this role, however for the right candidate, we will consider supplemental investment to train you in some/all of these technologies.
Your technical skills/experience should include:
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Expert knowledge of design, deployment and management of a virtual desktop and application platform. This could include Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, VMware Horizon, Azure Virtual Desktop
- Experience of optimizing Windows Desktop for use in a virtual environment.
- Working knowledge of persistent and non-persistent Virtual Machine models
- Working knowledge of hardware virtualization technologies, preferably VMware. Experience of providing support for a global model would be beneficial
- Solid knowledge of user / computer profile manager. Knowledge of VMware Dynamic Environment Manager, AppSense beneficial
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory, including replication and GPO
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and associated technologies would be advantageous
- Documentation skills in referencing existing and developing new materials where required. Confluence and JIRA tools will be considered favourable
- Advanced knowledge of registry, permissions, and drivers and software required
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems patching
- Knowledge of desktop analytic tools i.e., Lakeside SysTrack beneficial
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.