Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Through regional and local offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas, MUFG Transaction Banking provides a wide range of payables, receivables, liquidity management and currency services to clients.
The EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) Transaction Banking group is part of the Global Transaction Banking division driving regional business and supporting global and regional clients with our GTB products of cash management, liquidity management and trade finance.
Our strong and growing cash and liquidity management business provides services to corporate and institutional clients, both inbound/outbound global and Japanese. The sale of GTB services is balance sheet friendly for MUFG and delivers annuity fee income. It also improves the bank’s return on risk weighted assets.
Working closely with key stakeholders in Coverage, Global Markets, Strategic Planning and the other regional GTB groups, GTB EMEA Treasury Relationship Managers are tasked with achieving their sales and revenue objectives with their client portfolios.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role will have relationship management and sales responsibility for an appropriate portfolio of corporate clients, with the objective of achieving revenue growth from the range of cash and liquidity management services. Client interaction will predominantly be with Finance Directors and Operations Managers.
Acting as a client and business partner, the role will involve a significant amount of external and internal stakeholder management. The role will also involve the facilitation of broad GTB solutions including the introduction of trade finance and foreign exchange services.
- Manage client GTB relationships, and drive the growth of the cash and liquidity management business in EMEA by delivering a well-diversified product portfolio to a portfolio of clients that is appropriate for a VP-level role
- Achieve the client revenue and profitability targets from the appropriate clients
- Maintain adherence to the relevant pricing policies for cash and liquidity management
- Escalate to management any business development matters requiring senior-level involvement
- Create a positive partnership with stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of GTB services to clients to achieve all financial targets
- Identify new opportunities to achieve client revenue and profitability targets
- Adhere to the bank’s risk culture, including being responsible and accountable for identifying and managing risks associated with the role’s client portfolio
- Support the development of cash and liquidity management products by the group’s product management function
- Participate in all relevant internal initiatives and working groups
- Deliver thought leadership to clients and the wider industry on relevant cash management, liquidity management, risk management and regulatory matters (PSD2, Basel 3, etc.)
- Support the GTB deal review processes to meet all relevant business case/RORA requirements.
- Drive the account planning process for the portfolio of clients, ensuring cross-sell opportunities are identified and achieved
- Support the broader GTB group with the creation of regional and/or global cash and liquidity management structures
- Proven experience in cash and liquidity management sales and/or product management from other leading global commercial banks
- Experience of corporate sales and relationship management
- Proven familiarity with promoting GTB products
- Knowledge of creating and marketing a broad range of cash and liquidity management structures and services
- GTB industry and competitor knowledge
- Network of decision-makers within target industry sectors/clients
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Good knowledge of EMEA cash and liquidity management and broader GTB services
- Good knowledge of the implications of key regulations on client liquidity management approaches
- Ability to complete multiple tasks independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage relationships internally and externally
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
- General wholesale banking product knowledge (loans, deposits, foreign exchange, credit)
- Written and/or verbal proficiency in Japanese
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- Proactive, motivated, approach.
- Ability to operate with urgency and to prioritise work appropriately
- Strong decision-making skills, and ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- Structured and logical approach to workflow management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Creative and innovative approach to working with stakeholders and clients
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to manage to tight deadlines
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Calm approach, with ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Good technology skills (Salesforce, PowerPoint, etc.)
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.