About this role Business Unit Overview: The transition management business delivers execution excellence, project management and risk management to clients to reduce the cost of acquiring alpha and beta and ultimately to increase the performance of their investment strategies. Job Purpose/Background: BlackRock is seeking a
About this role
Business Unit Overview:
The transition management business delivers execution excellence, project management and risk management to clients to reduce the cost of acquiring alpha and beta and ultimately to increase the performance of their investment strategies.
BlackRock is seeking a UK Transition Manager within the TRIM team at BlackRock. The successful candidate will manage both DB and DC plan implementations. They will manage the project participation of the client, consultant, operations and administration teams to ensure a successful client implementation experience, provide Transition Management of the underlying assets and manage stakeholder relations. The position is to be based in London and reports to the Head of the Pooled Fund Transition Management Team at BlackRock. .The successful candidate may be currently filling a similar role within the pensions industry, particularly for a Transition Manager or Fund Manager who provide pension investments or an Investment Consultant.
- Project manage the implementation of both DB Final Salary and DC pooled fund transitions (via Defined Contribution investment platforms)
- Define a business model to ensure efficient process interaction between Client Relationship/Transition/Portfolio Management/Business Operations and Consultant Relations groups. For DB client transitions, these are managed alongside the Client Management teams, for DC client transitions, iTRIM is the client relationship team
- Coordinate the Operations Team and Scheme Administrator / previous investment manager to transfer the investments of the scheme
- Coordination of internal and external counterparts
- Account Managers
- Operations / administration
- Investment consultants
- Third Party Administrators and Fund Managers
- Construct and implement transition strategies that minimize cost and manage investment risk
- Manage investment activity needed to subscribe or redeem from a wide range of pooled funds
- Manage the project and investment phase within the constraints of the project stakeholders (ie blackout periods, administrators and member communications)
- Define and own the optimal execution strategy
- Design, implement, monitor and execute detailed operating plans; direct communication with clients and consultants
- Take a ‘big picture’ view of each event, ensuring somebody is responsible for each task that needs to be undertaken
- Ensuring clients and consultants receive a full end to end service including:
- Detailed timelines for activities taken on
- Detailed pre-take on cost analysis
- Post trade report detailing actual transaction costs and savings.
Manage Stakeholder Relations
- Investment Consultants
- Platform Providers
- Internal Client Officers
- Develop relationships with Platform Providers
- Fund Accountants
Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
- 3/4+ years in financial services (Fund Accounting / Investment Management / Investment Consultant preferable)
- Project Management expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic individual
- Good presentation skills
- Individual who is keen to challenge and improve current capabilities and processes
- Ability to multi task and prioritize tasks in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Problem solver with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.