Vice President, Tax Consulting
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps' tax advisory practice provides expert tax advice to our clients through a diverse range of offerings including structuring and restructuring global asset managers, guiding UK individuals on HMRC disclosure facilities, through to assisting expats and general compliance matters.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a range of inbound and outbound tax services, helping multinational companies align their tax strategies to their business
- Provide successful international tax structuring and planning
- Provide advice on international tax issues, including earnings repatriation, tax credit planning, cross-border mergers, financing, intangibles planning and worldwide tax management strategies
- Provide companies real-time access to foreign country tax intelligence
- Minimum 5 years PQE
- Ideally legally qualified, but would consider non-lawyer provided they are familiar with the construct of legal documents (especially financing documents)
- Strong intellect and statutory interpretation skills
- CTA / Advanced Diploma in International Tax (ADIT) an advantage
- Good understanding of the structure of hedge and private equity funds. Ideally has advised (or understands the advice required for) the manager, the fund, investment mandates and fund trading activities
- Good working knowledge of the international tax environment (DTAs / BEPS / ATAD) and recent response to anti-avoidance arrangements
- General knowledge of the broad domestic tax rules in critical EU jurisdictions (Luxembourg, Netherlands) plus US ECI and trade or business rules
- Excellent commercial and general debt and equity market awareness
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to clearly articulate complex issues
- Independent thinker
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.