Vice President, Relationship Manager - Client Service
About this role Business Unit Overview:
- The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with BlackRock's global financial institutions clients which include insurance companies, banks, and other financial firms. We pride ourselves on creating and delivering bespoke investment solutions, advisory, and analysis to our sophisticated client base. The group is one of the industry's largest managers of insurance company assets, and our insurance practice is a strategic focus of the firm.
- The team in EMEA more than 25 professionals with different backgrounds and expertise in the many functions that, combined, make this effort successful. These include relationship management, markets, sales, strategy, regulatory, client service, and product development next to comprehensive insurance knowledge. The global FIG team has over 80 dedicated professionals.
- FIG EMEA operates as part of a global FIG, which is the insurance specialised centre of excellence that delivers BlackRock's differentiated strategy and global platform to Insurers. The team maintains relationships with the firm's insurance clients (with total general account AUM of c$450BN, as part of a total Insurance AUM of more than $1T); and is on course to continue growing at over 10% p.a.
- The expectations for the business are such that the team is passionate about first class client coverage as well as further improving, evolving and developing existing relationships. This new role provides an opportunity for an individual to become an important member of a growing team, helping to shape the strategic direction of part of the business.
We are looking for someone to take a leading role in FIG's European client coverage and service effort, which is of significant focus for the FIG team globally. The role will be multi-functional, allowing the successful candidate to leverage and, where relevant, develop:
an in-depth understanding of the workings of the insurance industry (assets, liabilities and regulation) an understanding of BlackRock's suite of solutions and investment products and their applicability to address client needs an expertise in a broad range of asset classes from investment grade fixed income, through to equities and alternatives potential cross border exposure and client focus as FIG deepens its coverage and expertise throughout Europe Responsibilities:
- Work as a leading member of the client team in providing first class coverage to the FIG EMEA client base, with a focus on the UK
- Interface with clients on a regular basis, providing portfolio analysis, market views, and responding to ad hoc queries in a timely and professional manner
- Develop the partnership between FIG and its internal business stakeholders to improve delivery of projects, improve the client offering and quality of delivery
- Assist in the development of the client service function through generation of ideas and implementation of new procedures where appropriate
- Engage with internal product development stakeholders to ensure that BlackRock's product and solutions offering remains relevant for insurance clients
- Proven track record in insurance and financial markets client coverage. We envisage the ideal candidate coming from within Asset Management, Investment/Actuarial Consulting or Insurance.
- Technical product and market knowledge across capital markets, asset classes, and investment vehicles
- Strong background in project management and proven ability to deliver on bespoke and time sensitive projects
This is role is within the scope of the Senior Manager and Certification Regime(SMCR).
Key Regulatory Obligations
The successful candidate will be subject to both the Individual Conduct Rules and the Fitness and Propriety Rules of the FCA. As long as they remain a Certified Person it is their responsibility to continue to meet the required standards of fitness and propriety for their role. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.