Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Our key responsibilities are to drive regional business and support global and regional clients with Transaction Banking solutions in Cash & Liquidity Management, Trade & Working Capital, and Foreign Exchange.
Our strong and growing Cash & Liquidity Management business provides a wide range of deposits, cash management, liquidity, payments, channels and reporting services to our clients. This includes providing solutions both to our major Global Corporates within EMEA and the rest of the MUFG network, and also to our major Japanese clients with businesses across the EMEA.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Product Manager will be responsible for a range of Cash and Liquidity Management products, channels and services across EMEA. This includes responsibility for existing products and new developments, managing the products throughout the life cycle, the relevant products P&L in line with defined budgets and plans. The role requires close collaboration with a range of internal stakeholders at global, regional and countries levels to ensure a fit for purpose cash and liquidity management proposition that meets client needs, regulatory requirements and Bank’s risk appetites.
- Responsibility across multiple products based on geographic coverage in EMEA including pooling, deposits, payments and digital channels. Key focus is on markets.
- Collaborate with other specialist product managers for EMEA and local country level stakeholders to implement global and regional strategies within sub-regions
- Act as an Cash and Liquidity Management Products SME (Subject Matter Expert) within a sub-region covering domestic market practices, client expectations and underlying technology and operational set up
- Evaluate, monitor and mitigate product risks and ensure compliance to any relevant regulations
- Conduct and update regular product reviews and risk assessments in line with regional governance
- Collaborate with wider business operations, information technology, legal, compliance, corporate communications and other functions across a number of branches/entities to attain the product management objectives
- Ensure soundness and a fit-for-purpose baseline cash management proposition for the sub-region including any remediation activities with regular updates to a wide range of stakeholders and interested parties
- Identify potential product enhancement and development opportunities, raise budget and development requests, including creation of business cases in line with EMEA regional priorities
- Drive product developments and roll outs to delivery acting as a central point for contact and coordination for the impacted branches/entities
- Consult and provide product expertise to sales teams, relationship managers, other internal stakeholders and potentially customers
- Review market research and undertake competitor analysis
- Stay abreast of industry, fintech and market developments in key markets
- Support the Regional Product Management Head on other key priorities as required
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in product management (or equivalent) in Cash and Liquidity Management area covering a similar client base (Global Corporates/ Multi Nationals/NBFIs)
- Subject Matter Expertise at least in one product area relevant for Cash and Liquidity Management (payments, liquidity, cash management, investments, channels, etc.)
- Tangible experience implementing complex global and regional regulatory and/or industry changes (e.g. PSD2, SEPA, ISO20022 migration, SWIFT gpi, etc.)
- Proven successful track record of new product development and solid understanding of product lifecycle methodology
- Solid understanding of EMEA region competitive landscape in terms of technical standards, formats, key trends and underlying technology behind these
- Experience of operating successfully in a networked / matrix organization – with effective communication with stakeholders across different countries and regions
- Experience working in a diverse global environment
- Project management qualification such as PRINCE2, Agile, etc. would be beneficial
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Good generalist knowledge and experience across multiple products in Cash and Liquidity Management spanning from front-end channels to middleware and back office systems and supporting processes, ideally with at least one area of subject matter expertise
- Excellent understanding of the current and trending cash management needs of MNCs and corporate treasurers
- Proven ability to build successful working relationships with key internal stakeholders – e.g. IT, Risk, Operations, Compliance etc.
- Ability to deliver at pace keeping all relevant interested parties informed
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and present numerical and financial data
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure dealing with conflicting priorities
- Positive “can do” attitude and desire to make a difference
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations targeting an appropriate risks and rewards balance for any given payments product
- Project management skills
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree (Bachelor) educated or equivalent level of relevant experience
- ACT qualification
- PRINCE2, Agile methodology qualification or practical experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and provide well justified decision recommendations
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team and drive for results without formal reporting lines
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.