A long standing, private markets fund placement boutique is now seeking to hire a new Vice President for their LP-facing distribution team in London. This is a great opportunity to operate across both primary and secondary transactions and to play a key part in the development of the business. Already likely experienced in private equity fundraising or capital markets sales, you will be responsible for distribution, mainly covering investors in the UK, Western Europe and the US.
Independent and owner-managed, this firm is London-headquartered, operates globally and has recently opened its first European office. The multi-national team is well established in advising its clients in raising private equity and wider alternatives funds.
This VP will be an experienced key member of the team with LP-facing responsibilities which will include:
- The sell-side distribution, or ‘placement’, of funds through developing a network of close relationships with institutional investors (Limited Partners / ‘LPs’) mainly across the UK, Western Europe and the US;
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing dialogue with their investor book through regular calls and meetings in order to constantly monitor investment strategies and appetites;
- Convening roadshows during ‘live’ fundraises, for client funds to meet relevant LPs in their investor base and supporting the investment decision and commitment process from initial introductions, due diligence, negotiations through to final closing;
- Identifying opportunities for secondary transactions and taking responsibility for the execution of those secondary transactions.
Candidates will need to display around five to seven years’ career experienceeither within private fund placement or capital markets sales and distribution. You may alternatively already be in investor relations within a private capital investment platform. Initial career foundations are likely to have been in banking, consulting or a comparable sales domain. The following specific experience, competencies and characteristics will suit this position:
- Experience in private or capital markets sales;
- An innate commercial focus, supported by excellent marketing and communication skills;
- A strong balance of analytical thinking and relationship-management traits;
- Motivation to work in a boutique structure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, crucially in English;
- US FINRA Series 7 license would be an additional plus.