Vice President, Investment Writer
Description About this role Overview
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future. That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it's why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
The BlackRock Investment Institute (BII) uses the firm's expertise and generates proprietary research to provide insights on long-term asset allocation, the global economy, markets and geopolitics - all to help our clients and portfolio managers navigate financial markets. As the firm's primary platform for generating and delivering thought leadership content, a key area of focus for BII is on how sustainability issues are driving investing considerations. In that capacity, BII partners closely with BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI), which unifies the firm's sustainable investment strategies onto a single platform, partnering with BlackRock's investment and distribution teams to develop scalable and innovative solutions ranging from screens and environmental social governance strategies to Impact Investing. Job description
The investment writer will play in a meaningful role supporting all the functions of BII's publishing team and will report to the London-based deputy editor. The successful candidate will help spearhead publications and digital content from our macro and portfolio construction research teams. The role involves core editorial skill as well as a flair for helping express investment views through charts. You will work across teams to drive in-depth publications through to completion. We are looking for someone who can push our social media content forward and make our views have greater impact, working closely with Marketing and Communications. Responsibilities:
- Writing with flair, editing and fact-checking BII content
- Collaborating with BII's macro, portfolio construction and investment strategy teams
- Leading BII's social media content, in partnership with Digital Marketing, to increase the impact of our content
- Interacting with senior BlackRock portfolio managers to summarize views and put together investment insights
- Partnering with global production staff and compliance teams to produce BII publications
- Helping conceive investment themes while bringing them to life in BII publications and on BI's website
- Working with Marketing and Media teams to further BlackRock's thought leadership
- Knowledge of and passion for economics and global financial markets
- Superb writing and editing abilities, and excellent interviewing skills
- A self-starter with loads of creativity, team spirit, versatility and persistence
- Ability to work very quickly, deliver on or before deadline and go the extra mile
- Intense attention to accuracy, detail and consistency
- Intellectual curiosity
- Adept at mining and data and using Excel to build clear graphics
- Excellent organizational and representational skills
- Ability to partner and coordinate with senior BlackRock portfolio managers and executives
- Work experience of at least five years as an investment writer or in financial journalism
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.