Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Primarily execute European Export Credit Agencies (ECAs) covered transactions, and progressively develop the necessary knowledge and understanding to also execute Structured Trade Finance EMEA transactions.
- Provide support to ESTF Originators in their origination / marketing activities with ECAs / Clients and on pipeline transactions.
- Contribute to the production, maintenance and delivery of administrative reports, related to the ECA side of the business but not only, as well as contribute to the progress of business and efficiency improvement initiatives, as instructed and required by ESTF management.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
- Contribute to the production of deals screening memos and credit applications, taking responsibility for the production of technical sections relating to the ECA (and overtime STF) area of expertise and reviewing the input of junior colleagues.
- Execute ECA (and overtime STF) deal transactions within specified limits under the supervision of more senior colleagues. Coordinate for that purpose with involved external and internal stakeholders (Clients, ECAs, external counsels; MUFG coverage, other Products and sector teams; all internal functions including Legal, Tax, Compliance, Operations, Agency, Finance, etc.).
- Manage due diligence processes and checks to accurately inform credit and transactions decisions.
- Regularly engage with ECAs / Clients (and MUFG RMs in charge) at a counterpart level on structuring discussions for specific product opportunities in line with Clients needs and MUFG objectives and contribute to building Clients insights.
- Conduct in-depth sector / geographic analysis, using a range of data sources and analytical models as required, to generate Clients and market information and insights to inform Credit and planning decision making.
- Monitor / review European ECAs risks and assigned ratings.
- Contribute to the development of business proposals and presentations by converting analysis into well-reasoned and logical arguments to support senior / Origination colleagues with the ongoing development of customer relationships.
- Participate in the building and streamlining, and further production and maintenance, of internal administrative reports applying sound data and figures management skills.
- Provide guidance to and oversee the work of more junior colleagues in relation to specific projects or tasks.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures applicable to MUFG.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network to gain industry and market knowledge and insights.
- Advanced knowledge and skills of international finance and specifically working experience in the field of Export Credit Agency finance or cross border finance essential.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in ECA finance at an international bank preferred.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Sound understanding of European ECA financing structures. Interaction and negotiation with ECAs for approvals, legal formalities. Experience in coordinating and negotiating European ECAs backed facilities legal documentations. Proven analytical skills; ability to identify and evaluate key issues in complex problems assignments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, including excellent presentation skills required.
- Strong numerical, documentation and analytical skills.
- Experience with financial analysis at a corporate level (structured finance experience a plus).
- Customer oriented with excellent negotiating skills.
- Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills and experience required. Knowledge of macros and VBA programming a plus.
Education / Qualifications:
- University degree, Masters preferred or equivalent experience in area of expertise.
- Fluency in English essential, and in another “European” language (French, German, Italian, Spanish or one of the “Nordics” languages) a plus.
Integrity and Responsibility
- Balance Risk with Opportunity
- Customer Focus
- Demonstrate Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
- Collaborate and Build Partnerships
- Communicate Effectively and Professionally
- Drive For Results
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
- Lead Change and Seek Continuous Improvement
- Think Strategically
- Influence and Inspire Others
- Manage and Develop Talent
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the job holder. The job holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.