We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
CIB Credit for EMEA is responsible for corporate and structured finance credit for non-Japanese corporates, FI’s and Sovereigns. Its major functions are as follows: -
- Assessment and management of credit and related risks,
- Assessment and management of country risks,
- Management of problematic assets,
- Monitoring, reporting and early action,
- Portfolio analysis and management
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Contribute to meeting the Division’s objectives by managing or providing consultancy advice to a portfolio of problem assets, with a view to protecting the Bank’s position and maximizing the recovery of the Bank’s capital.
Measurement of performance will be made on 1) the proactive and efficient management of the assets for which the jobholder is responsible, 2) contribution to the development of MUFG EMEA’s framework for identifying and managing problem assets, 3) effective communication with Senior Management and key stakeholders and 4) feedback from key stakeholders.
SCT is a small team so a flexible approach towards duties / responsibilities will be important.
- Assist with the achievement of MUFG EMEA’s objectives through the early identification and effective management of problem assets, in line with internal and external deadlines,
- Work as directed by the Head of Department and in conjunction with other team members to ensure the achievement of SCT’s objectives,
- Actively engage with internal stakeholders, borrowers, sponsors, financial creditors and other third parties as appropriate to enhance the Bank’s position and maximize recovery of Problem Loans,
- Undertake Scenario / Option analysis of restructuring proposals and make recommendations to management regarding appropriate action steps,
- Ensure accurate and timely compliance with internal rules and reporting procedures, including the provision of support required for external and internal regulatory / audit assessments,
- Timely communication with Senior Management in London and Tokyo on all credit related issues,
- Liaise with other risk functions within EMEA to ensure the effective management of the region’s overall credit risk,
- As directed, assist with the development of junior members of the team.
- Experience of managing distressed structured finance transactions (Aviation, Project and Trade Finance with potential for other product areas), including influencing a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing corporate and leveraged transactions would also be useful.
- Extensive experience in credit analysis and of managing a wide range of credits, by sector, geography and product.
- Extensive experience in dealing with regulatory audits associated with credit.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Deep credit knowledge and experience of managing distressed structured finance transactions.
- In depth knowledge of credit and risk principles, products and management
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify key issues
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level and / or professional qualifications
- Excellent time management skills,
- Ability to multi-task and manage ever changing and conflicting priorities under pressure,
- Highly motivated, able to work on an individual basis or as part of a small team,
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills. Ability to deal with all types of people and personalities, prepared to challenge where appropriate and necessary,
- Detail conscious, ensuring reliability at all times. Committed to producing high quality and professional work.
- Strong English language skills, both verbal and written. Additional European languages desirable.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements