We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
Structured Finance Credit Office (SFCO) London is responsible for analyzing, approving / sanctioning, and monitoring the credit quality of structured finance transactions (such as project finance, structured trade finance, aviation finance and securitization) in Europe, Middle East and Africa. SFCO is a global department and works closely with head office and other regional desks to ensure global consistency in risk appetite.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Credit Analyst in Structure Finance Credit Office focussing on the Aviation sector.
- Within the credit approval function, monitoring and analysing airline corporate / transaction risk and working with the business lines on structure and credit mitigation measures.
- Responsible for reviews, analysis and credit approvals on all Aircraft Financing transactions.
- Analysis of P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow forecasts, competitive strengths and peer comparisons.
- Assess new / potential credit proposals to identify key risk issues and provide recommendations.
- Monitor existing transactions and perform regular reviews of exposures to maintain overall credit quality and watch against deterioration.
- To pro- actively engage with the front office to develop a sound portfolio in accordance within the Bank’s risk appetite framework.
- Collaboratively work with relevant business lines on supporting business plans and establishing appropriate Risk Acceptance Criteria (RACs).
- Contribute to the development of credit policy for Aircraft Financing and drive consistent application of this within the region, ensuring a relevant and rigorous approach to the management of credit risk.
- To challenge credit recommendations and proposed deals, as appropriate, within respective coverage areas to ensure a balanced return between risk and reward and appropriate use of risk capital.
- As required, prepare reports for Tokyo Head Office and European Headquarters as well as creating credit committee materials.
- Strong corporate credit analysis experience
- Familiarity of Airline credits in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Previous experience in a structured finance environment
- Previous experience in a credit sanctioning environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements