Manager Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business create opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture that is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do. We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The ECA and Structured Trade Finance team (“ESTF”) is part of the Commodity & Structured Trade Finance department of EIBD. ESTF looks after the ECA Finance and Structured Trade Finance (“STF”) business of the Bank in EMEA.ECA Finance includes long-term financing to importers of capital goods and services with the backing of an Export Credit Agency, itself backed by the State of the exporting country.STF involves the provision of finance to commodity producers and traders arranged around the proceeds of commodity exports or inventories.Within ESTF, the Origination team is in charge of marketing STF and ECA products to the various clients of the Bank, in collaboration with the relevant coverage teams, and arranging and executing such deals in collaboration with the ESTF Execution team, which performs transaction monitoring thereafter until maturity.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Primary focus on marketing and arranging European Export Credit Agencies (ECAs) covered transactions to borrowers within the relevant jurisdictions.
- Secondary focus on supporting the origination, marketing, and arrangement of inbound ECA deals and Structured Trade Finance transactions in EMEA.
- Provide support to the ESTF Execution team for responsible files, during the execution process and, if necessary, for transaction management functions.
- Contribute to the advancement of business and efficiency initiatives, as required by ESTF management.
- Regularly engage with potential borrowers/exporters and MUFG coverage RMs in charge at a counterpart level to identify specific product opportunities, primarily in connection with the ECA product but also for STF, in line with our client’s needs and MUFG’s objectives.
- Support the relevant coverage teams in structuring and progressing identified opportunities, including contributing to the production and presentation of deal screening memos and credit applications, taking responsibility for the production of technical sections relating to ESTF products; as well as completing relevant ECA coverage applications when necessary.
- Lead the execution of progressed ESTF transactions, in collaboration with the coverage RM and the ESTF Execution team.
- Regularly engage with assigned ECAs to keep abreast of their business trends and product offerings, and manage the Bank’s relationship with them.
- Support the ESTF Execution team in their transaction monitoring and client engagement for relevant transactions in the portfolio.
- Lead discussions with relevant stakeholders in the various ESTF/CSTF strategic initiatives assigned for the improvement of our efficiency and general business development.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to MUFG.
- Interact with other regional ESTF offices, Head Office functions, and other stakeholders to further the business and strategic interests of the team and for product development.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network to gain industry and market knowledge and insights.
- Advanced knowledge and skills of international finance and specifically working experience in the field of Export Credit Agency finance essential.
- Minimum of three years experience in ECA at an international bank.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is essential.
- Sound understanding of European ECA financing structures. Interaction and negotiation with ECAs for approvals, legal formalities. Experience in coordinating and negotiating legal documentation for European ECAs-backed or structured trade finance facilities
- Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills and experience required
- Fluency in another European language preferred (Italian or Spanish preferred).
- University degree (Masters preferred)
- Customer-oriented with excellent negotiating skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, including excellent presentation skills required.
- Proven analytical skills; ability to identify and evaluate key issues in complex problems, structures and assignments.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organizational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.