Vice President, Application Engineer
Description About this role Your team
The Alpha Gen Technology group (AGT) helps BlackRock investment teams deliver market leading performance (alpha) to their clients. We work with investment researchers to develop predictive signals and strategies that are traded on BlackRock hedge funds and other active portfolios. The services we provide range from: quantitative library development, model engineering, alpha platform development and investment technology R&D. People in the team are based in London, Budapest, Mumbai, San Francisco and Sydney. AGT's Investment partners include Active Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset Strategies, Sustainability Strategies, and the Risk and Quantitative Analytics Team. AGT is part of BlackRock's Aladdin Product Group (APG). Aladdin is an investment platform as a service that is used to manage more than $15 trillion by clients of Aladdin. Your role and impact
The position is for a senior Python Software Engineer within the Alpha Gen Technology group's Model Servicing team. The role partners closely with Researchers and Portfolio Managers to productionalize industry leading signals and models to drive daily investment processes through a platform driven approach. We are involved in the full lifecycle of the Alpha Gen process including design, architecture, development, implementation, tuning, production support and maintenance. Your responsibilities
You will be working with elite investment professionals to build cutting-edge, high quality quantitative investment processes and platform! It involves:
- Work with Researchers and Portfolio Managers to productionalize investment models, including asset analytics, signals, risk models, optimizations, etc.
- Collaborate with platform team to develop libraries and services for our platform
- Identify and implement ways to improve the efficiency of our system
- Support and maintain Production processes and infrastructure
- Identify and utilize new alpha-enabling technology in signal implementation
We value post-graduate degree holders, but we also like individuals with equivalent commercial experience. So, if you have a good mix of the skills below, we would love to hear from you!
What you will learn on the job?
- 5+ years hands on software design and development experience on Python. Experience in SQL and working with relational databases (Sybase, SQL Server etc)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Snowflake, Hadoop, Spark, S3, Kubernetes, Dask/Airflow is a plus
- A deep software engineering mind set. This includes practices such as agile, test automation, object-oriented design, design patterns, release management
- Ability to apply mathematics, machine learning or quantitative analysis to solve sophisticated problems and deliver innovative solutions with a keen attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- A genuine interest in investment strategies, risk, equities, fixed income or financial derivatives.
- A deep understanding of hedge fund strategies and signals that drive them
- Build platform that enables alpha generation at scale
- Aladdin - the investment platform used to manage >$15 Trillion of the global assets.
- How to apply machine learning and data science technology to alpha generation
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.