Vice President - Corporate Finance - Business Services
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Houlihan Lokey
- 16 Apr 19
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, valuation, financial restructuring, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigour are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 15 years, and the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, according to Thomson Reuters.
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry.
Houlihan Lokey’s Global Business Services Group offers M&A advisory, capital raising, valuation, and corporate restructurings to public and private companies. We work with companies providing business-to-business, professional and technology-related services across a number of end markets and regularly collaborate with other Houlihan Lokey industry and product groups to bring the highest level of knowledge, services, and relationships to our clients.
Our team covers a broad array of sectors, with bankers dedicated to each of our primary coverage areas. We maintain deep, senior-level relationships with major strategic and financial buyers of professional and technology-related services companies, as well as large, public, and private company thought leaders within the industry.
As one of the leading M&A advisors in our sector, we help open doors to opportunities—whether our clients are seeking a strategic or financial partner in a change-of-control or minority-investment transaction.
As a Vice President in the Business Services team, you will be responsible for executing corporate finance engagements. The group's engagements principally include M&A sell side assignments and strategic advisory assignments.
In addition to executing transactions, the Business Services team is responsible for providing industry-specific knowledge and expertise to the firm. As a member of our team, you will utilize your industry intelligence and analysis to support this effort, including evaluating financial statements, general economic and industry developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various attributes of publicly traded and private securities.
You will be expected to take client and deal execution ownership quickly and your responsibilities will include
- Working on a variety of transactions that provide exposure to various investment banking services, including M&A, private placements of debt and equity, refinancings and leveraged buyouts
- Preparing, analyzing and helping explain historical and projected financial information
- Coordinating and performing business due diligence and executing M&A transactions
- Preparing confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations
- Valuing companies and businesses
- Assisting in the marketing and planning of engagements
- Building relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients and professional advisors
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards top performers with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
The following qualifications are required:
- A strong academic track record.
- Demonstrable VP level experience in investment banking M&A; sector experience in Business Services will be favourably regarded
- Strong execution experience on end to end closed M&A deals
- Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring Analysts and Associates
- Have an understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Strong LBO and DCF modelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional strong work ethic
The candidate must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V