Overview of the Department/Section
MUFG has a developing and thriving Transaction Banking business, headquartered in Tokyo, and spanning all continents. Transaction Banking Office for EMEA (incorporating Europe, Middle East and Africa) forms part of MUFG’s Global Transaction Banking Division.
Our key responsibilities are to drive regional business and support global and regional customers with Transaction Banking solutions in Cash & Liquidity Management, Trade & Working Capital, and Foreign Exchange.
Our strong and growing Cash & Liquidity Management business provides a wide range of deposits, cash management, liquidity, payments, channels and reporting services to our clients. This includes providing solutions both to our major Global Corporates within EMEA and the rest of the MUFG network, and also to our major Japanese clients with businesses across the EMEA.
Main Purpose of the Role
• As a core member in ETBO, plan and prioritize own activities in order to exchange information, clarify facts, and resolve queries and / or problems and take responsibility for developing and growing our EMEA Transaction Banking business.
• Provide leadership to an area of expertise with in ETBO, ensuring that all members are aware of what they are required to achieve and how they are achieving against the KPIs.
• Represent area of expertise in relevant meetings / committees / conferences to facilitate policy development and contribute to business performance.
• Develop strong internal/external networks and build trusted relationships to enable change and influence behaviour across MUFG
• This role would be responsible to work on overall business management for ETBO, projects that cut across the business and Risk management.
• It is expected that this role will 1) Support key strategic initiatives and operational issues and ensure successful implementation of plans 2) Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders / central point of contact / liaise with supporting functions such as Finance, Legal, Compliance, Tokyo Head Office, etc in relation to operating ETBO business within EMEA, 3) Support the Head by taking ownership and responsibility for the preparation of materials, documents and policies required to support initiatives, key meetings, etc. 4) Responsible to support the risk framework and governance model / preparation and ownership of risk documentation, 5) Responsible for tracking, monitoring and analysis of business performance.
• Understanding of the industries, businesses and competitive environments in which the bank operates.
• Understanding of the operating model of the bank and the bank’s mandate
• Experience in corporate sales and marketing (if possible)
• Work experience in promoting transaction banking products.
• Basic understanding around risk management
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies
• A team play, eager to support and learn
• Organized and ensure accuracy in an effective time management
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
• Able to complete multiple tasks independently and as part of a team
• Proven ability to manage relationships internally
• Possess effective communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge in TB understanding and experience
Education / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
• Excellent communication skills.
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
• A proactive, motivated and customer oriented approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
• A structured and logical approach to work.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• A creative and innovative approach to work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel in particular).
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirement.